• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Web client will not pay

I was reading this thread, and my_key says it beautiffuly! Time to Jake Blues their ass!

Invite 6 good friends along for a meal. Wine, dine, relax!. Bid your frineds good-eve, and then ask for the manager. Then, pull the Blues brother move, asking 'how much for the leetle girl' at the next table. Then threaten to come back tomorrow with less genteel company. And the next day... And the next...

http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2010-02-15_4754780473560576/movies/blues_bros/how_much.wav

[video=dailymotion;x5d8er]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5d8er_mister-fabulous_fun[/video]

Locking down the website is going to cost them money--money they could use to pay you Mike. I know revenge tastes good, at first, then it tends to go bad real fast. Keep trying to communicate with them. They know the money owed is a legitimate debt and hopefully they will eventually pay it.

Personally I wouldn't eat there ever again. Who knows how creative the chef may be with your order. Ever see the movie "Waiting"? I'm very nice to servers.

The GM e-mailed that she had sent the check three days ago, which likely is not true. We typically get mail the next day if it is local. But once I get the check, I will restore the site.

Mike

I got the check today - the one she said she mailed Monday. What's even better, I charged her $50 for me having to change the web site and then change it back and she included that. An odd thing, though. I didn't add those charges until Wednesday evening, two days after the check was supposedly mailed!

Mike

wordwiz said:
I got the check today - the one she said she mailed Monday. What's even better, I charged her $50 for me having to change the web site and then change it back and she included that. An odd thing, though. I didn't add those charges until Wednesday evening, two days after the check was supposedly mailed!

Mike
LOL, glad it worked out for you...
You don't mess with Mike, kapish? :lol:

I'm glad I was aggressive - the business is now closed.

But get this: the person who owned the place (but didn't have much to do with running it) has now closed the last of nine different business he owned. The latest one was a very upscale restaurant called Red. People showed up to dine and found a padlock on the door. He is being sued by at least one former employee, probably for not paying him.

I detest this guy - he took a restaurant that has been extremely profitable for decades and bled it dry - at least he did sell it so it will not close. But the money he made from that sale wasn't enough to float his sinking boat.

So guess what this a-hole is planning on doing for a living? Going into restaurant consulting!

Mike

Mike I'm glad you got paid....

I have owned a restaurant and my own IT Services company........

Unfortunately, restauranteurs are horrible people to deal with since money management always seems to be an issue.......there are a lot of dirt bags in the restaurant biz, and they are notorious for stiffing even the vendors who bring the food product...( I was never one of these)

As far as the IT Services go, it's nice to set up remote access to the client's router or modem and kill the dsl/cable/network etc remotely...then when they come screaming for help....."I'm sorry but I can't make it there to fix it since you have past due bills, and I'm busy for the next few days...." works every time

bossman9 said:
Mike I'm glad you got paid....

I have owned a restaurant and my own IT Services company........

Unfortunately, restauranteurs are horrible people to deal with since money management always seems to be an issue.......there are a lot of dirt bags in the restaurant biz, and they are notorious for stiffing even the vendors who bring the food product...( I was never one of these)

As far as the IT Services go, it's nice to set up remote access to the client's router or modem and kill the dsl/cable/network etc remotely...then when they come screaming for help....."I'm sorry but I can't make it there to fix it since you have past due bills, and I'm busy for the next few days...." works every time

No. Restaurantuers are not all dirbags. The profit margin is very slim. 3-5% would be about average. Many of them just don't know what they are doing and once reality hits them they simply scramble to make ends meet. They're just people trying to make a buck and pay the rent and a very tough business. I'm not excusing them...but I feel for them.

Texas Blues .. I said that A LOT (not all) are dirtbags.....(probably a poor choice of words on my part)..your point is very well taken about profit margins...

You never did say if the check was any good, was it? or did it bounce?

I had a company called Tagzz (webbased company) stiff my company for card printer($2,000), sent the check, company received it but it was made out incorrect, once we got through to the owner he said sue him, of course my company wouldn't go through the legal process. Another company House of Brussel Chocolates, you can see their stores all over in malls etc., stiffed us for $ 1,500 in ribbon supplies for their thermal printer. Another painful experience was helping out a company test a thermal printer with their software, it worked after assisting them getting drivers setup correctly, software configured correctly, they returned the printer then purchased it elsewhere - they kept the power cable (Snap On Tools). The printers were low margin product about 10%, the ribbon was 25% markup.

Wow all that for $300 bucks! Seems like they where getting a heck of a deal if you have been maintaining the site for a year! When I was doing websites some 10 years ago the rate was $300 an hour and even then I had more work then I could do!!

Back