pests Weird bugs on hab plant

Neem oil will help a lot as well
It stops them eating and breaks the life cycle of the insects but is not poison in on itself

I would spray them with some real insecticide, not a home remedy, if I was serious about solving the problem and not intent on dealing with continued issues.

nzchili said:
I would spray them with some real insecticide, not a home remedy, if I was serious about solving the problem and not intent on dealing with continued issues.

Neem is a real insecticide.  It's used to disrupt the reproductive cycle.
Wettable sulfur and Diatomaceous Earth have been used to treat the problem, also, for decades. Here is an article from the 1930's, on the subject:
https://archive.org/stream/cyclamenmitebroa301smit/cyclamenmitebroa301smit_djvu.txt

a quick and easy way to get rid of that insect pest.   

put these together in water gun's foam container,   beauveria bassiana + metarhizium anisopliae + dr.bronner(peppermint)

34421543856_378548c2a9_n.jpg
33620661724_42af72f464_n.jpg
33652943573_5fbc8fbefe_n.jpg

water gun will look like this

34077837170_f58087d578_c.jpg

this water gun is really cool
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Foam-water-gun-car-wash-water-gun-high-pressure-car-water-gun-home-car-foam-gun/32264307977.html

set mode to MIST. 

Powelly said:
He's likely referring to the soapy water

Ah, yes, probably so.

Even so, soap is something that most of us have on hand, or can get within 5 minutes.  My suggestion was just to deal with the first wave of infestation.  It's such an easy and effective way to stop the current wave from breeding again!

98d1158920230-kindergartens-oerliko.gif

solid7 said:
You didn't even go so far as to recommend YOUR regional product. So am I to believe that you're completely full of shit -

lek said:
put these together in water gun's foam container,   beauveria bassiana + metarhizium anisopliae

34421543856_378548c2a9_n.jpg
33620661724_42af72f464_n.jpg
Well lek, we at least know you're not full of $hit.. :crazy: maybe.. :lol: .. But as we've previously posted, and I spent another couple of hours looking this morning, only BOTANIGARD ES (BEAUVERIA BASSIANA SOPRE FORMULATION easily available (But pricey!) and I can only find Metarhizium anisopliae at an obscure hydro store in the Pacific Northwest, SODOHYDRO.

Out of curiosity, what is the cost of those products in Thailand? In US dollars of course! (Yea, yea, yea, I could use a currency exchange site to convert but I'm lazy!) The reason I ask is I wonder if it would be feasible to do an exchange - I'll send you items from the USA? While I've never had these issues (Thank gawd!) I know of others close by who do/have.  PM me so we don't hijack this thread any further please....

Powelly said:
He's likely referring to the soapy water

yep was referring to the soapy water :)
home remedies I think are ok if that's all you have access to, or as an immediate countermeasure.
Don't get me wrong I know it works to an extent, and I know it has a place for people who are not into using "real" insecticides, but science will have something more effective. 

I dunno, i guess im just not one to beat around the bush. If something needs to die then science has usually made some form of cryptonite for it which im more than happy to make use of =D

nzchili said:

I dunno, i guess im just not one to beat around the bush. If something needs to die then science has usually made some form of cryptonite for it which im more than happy to make use of =D

It's a thought, but science has been twisted in the past, to promote profit over safety.  You'll have to forgive me if I'm a little untrusting of what the 95th percentile buy (and think is great) in a bottle at the local big box store...

So I tried the soapy water thing and they were all back on the plant within several hours. I'm not one to use chemicals and such unless they are needed, but the stinkbugs are starting to move onto my new peppers, tomatoes, and other plants so I feel like chemicals are needed in this case. This plant has brought loads of heat into my kitchen throughout its lifespan and is still putting out loads of flowers and fruit so I would love to try and save it from these pesky little bugs. Anyone know a good insecticide to kill the stink bugs?

I have no useful advice for you, just wanted to say damn dude, those are ugly as shit. Looks like a trip to Home Depot is in order to obtain a good pesticide.

backyardpepper said:
So I tried the soapy water thing and they were all back on the plant within several hours. I'm not one to use chemicals and such unless they are needed, but the stinkbugs are starting to move onto my new peppers, tomatoes, and other plants so I feel like chemicals are needed in this case. This plant has brought loads of heat into my kitchen throughout its lifespan and is still putting out loads of flowers and fruit so I would love to try and save it from these pesky little bugs. Anyone know a good insecticide to kill the stink bugs?

Neem oil or wettable sulfur are the two safest.  Use one or the other, but not both.  Azamax, as another alternative.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
 ​
Well lek, we at least know you're not full of $hit.. :crazy: maybe.. :lol:

my friend, there is no problem calling me $hit.    :party:

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
 ​
PM me so we don't hijack this thread any further please....

you know that this is a safer method to deal with insect pest but you have to do it correctly too. please note that bacteria is a living thing. 
whether the product is effective or not, pricey or not. it depends on how you apply it.   i'll sent you some links.

Neem is organic and safe
It's a plant oil that stops the bugs from eating - it doesn't poison them - and it stops them either from laying eggs or the eggs hatching (I forget which)

there are 3 types of neem.  in order to kill / repel insect, indian neem is the best and then thai neem.  if you wanna kill insect, you have to make them eat neem which is not easy... LOL    if you don't wanna hurt beneficial insect, you have to use neem spray early morning or late afternoon.  Then it will be less effective,  finally you kill nothing that can fly.

be caureful, natural neem is organic and safe but high concentration of neem is not safe.  

lek said:
there are 3 types of neem.  in order to kill / repel insect, indian neem is the best and then thai neem.  if you wanna kill insect, you have to make them eat neem which is not easy... LOL    if you don't wanna hurt beneficial insect, you have to use neem spray early morning or late afternoon.  Then it will be less effective,  finally you kill nothing that can fly.

be caureful, natural neem is organic and safe but high concentration of neem is not safe.  

You're not entirely correct with this.
Neem only affects plants that actually do eat the plant - with the exception of those that you hit during spraying - they're dead.  There has always been a debate about the safety of Neem with bees, as they eat pollen.  In the US, it is marketed as safe for bees. 
As for spraying early or late, it is not less effective, and it has nothing to do with saving the good bugs.  It is recommended to apply before or after sundown, for 2 reasons: 1) leaves should not be sprayed in full sun, as they can burn, 2) the leaf stomata are closed when the temp and light levels are lower, and therefore, will not get clogged, and prevent the plant from breathing.
Lastly, Neem does kill flying bugs.  Anything that eats the plant, as stated before. (wings or no)

solid7 said:

You're not entirely correct with this.
Neem only affects plants that actually do eat the plant - with the exception of those that you hit during spraying - they're dead.  There has always been a debate about the safety of Neem with bees, as they eat pollen.  In the US, it is marketed as safe for bees. 
As for spraying early or late, it is not less effective, and it has nothing to do with saving the good bugs.  It is recommended to apply before or after sundown, for 2 reasons: 1) leaves should not be sprayed in full sun, as they can burn, 2) the leaf stomata are closed when the temp and light levels are lower, and therefore, will not get clogged, and prevent the plant from breathing.
Lastly, Neem does kill flying bugs.  Anything that eats the plant, as stated before. (wings or no)

i'm very familiar with neem oil for so many years. let me emphasize the fact again that  neem must be eaten by the bug to be effective.  
normal concentration of neem will not hurt bees at all but very high concentration does hurt bees.   :party:

lek said:
i'm very familiar with neem oil for so many years. let me emphasize the fact again that  neem must be eaten by the bug to be effective.

lek said:
if you wanna kill insect, you have to make them eat neem which is not easy... LOL

It's not hard to get them to eat it, when you are SPECIFICALLY targeting bugs that are ALREADY eating leaves or sucking plant juices.  Neem works fine for stinkbugs, there are no special tricks.

Back