• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Weird Combinations?

I've seen a lot of really interesting fruit-pepper combinations recently, like blueberry ghost and peach/mango hab, and even pineapple with anything. But do you have any flavor combinations that you like that aren't all that common (unless it's an unreleased sauce project you'd rather keep under wraps).

Right now I have a reaper-banana sauce in the fridge that I thought about fermenting, but ran out of jars. The other two are, I think, lemondrop pineapple and manzano, hab, pineapple. I'm just doing 16oz batches because I really don't know what I'm doing. It's been fun so far though.

I have the Hachiya persimmons and they have a sweet honey type flavor when soft. They're very good but they all ripen at the same time and you have to do something with them and most people I know freeze them whole. Here's one I just cut open to try to identify the taste. I'm sure it would be a great thickener for a sauce. I'm trying to figure out what to do with them and a hot sauce would be good. I'll play around with a few recipes and see what develops.
100_2926.JPG

Never tasted it but based on what I can gather...

I think it would work nice as a Jamaican chicken sauce... not like jerk, but still with some allspice. So maybe peppers, vinegar, persimmon, dark rum, mustard, onion, garlic, lime juice, allspice, salt.

The Hot Pepper said:
Never tasted it but based on what I can gather...

I think it would work nice as a Jamaican chicken sauce... not like jerk, but still with some allspice. So maybe peppers, vinegar, persimmon, dark rum, mustard, onion, garlic, lime juice, allspice, salt.
BOOM! That sounds bangin. Good thing you've got a kitchen again! :seeya:

;)

Back