• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Weird deformed true leaves?

http://m1057.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/JosephGrajekYahn/b0c8d703.jpg.html?o=0&newest=1

One of my ghosts, most of my ghosts are doing this they are not falling down and moving upright and have weird discolorations.

http://m1057.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/JosephGrajekYahn/3d2fb5c7.jpg.html?o=1&newest=1

Another one of my ghosts, true leaes are curling and moving sideways??

http://m1057.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/JosephGrajekYahn/63609fa7.jpg.html?o=2&newest=1

One of my best sprouts my morouga. Its starting its second set but is also getting a few of these discolorations and im worried.

http://m1057.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/JosephGrajekYahn/4642fa15.jpg.html?o=3&newest=1

My brainstrain. No discolorations yet but it has upward leaf curl and its second true leaf is going all wild and crazy like.

Any ideas on how to fix this stuff guys?.

I've had a couple problems similar that sort of fixed themselves this season. It's hard to tell from the photos. I would advise giving those guys more leg room and potting them up to larger containers at this point. Make sure you water evenly but sparingly, your soil looks a bit wet. After that those things should start to fix themselves. Try to get a better pic of the top plant if you can too.

IMG_9526.jpg

This is a plant that I had earlier this year with what I think are similar problems. Relaxing and letting it go without worrying about it seemed to fix it right away. It's one of those things that people worry it might be a virus but in reality it's probably just a weird c. chinense expression of a nutrient problem or physical damage or something? (This guy had a bit too much fertilizer) Who knows. More info would be helpful if anyone has it.

Also: What ferts are you using if any/how much? What light are you using and how close is it? Are the cups that the pots sit in allowed to drain or do you hold water in them? These can all be promoting your problems.

Also: What ferts are you using if any/how much? What light are you using and how close is it? Are the cups that the pots sit in allowed to drain or do you hold water in them? These can all be promoting your problems.

I' currently not using ferts. Im waiting for the third set of leaves before i plant into my fox farms soil. I have drainage holes and water from the bottom. It wicks upward from the bottom so drainage isnt really a problem. It might be overwatering, i only have a stationary fan so i switch it each day and water the side that day that i switched because with jiffy pellets normally the soil gets dry pretty quick. My lights are a fair distance away about idk at most times 5-6inches. My setup is completely covered by a emergency blanket so the light bounced back and forth. I'm thinking it might be my watering though.

And your pic looks exactly like the discoloration im getting. So if thats the case then shouldn't be too much of a problem.

It doesnt explain the upcurling and twisted and deformed leaves though.

I've had a couple problems similar that sort of fixed themselves this season. It's hard to tell from the photos. I would advise giving those guys more leg room and potting them up to larger containers at this point. Make sure you water evenly but sparingly, your soil looks a bit wet. After that those things should start to fix themselves. Try to get a better pic of the top plant if you can too.

IMG_9526.jpg

This is a plant that I had earlier this year with what I think are similar problems. Relaxing and letting it go without worrying about it seemed to fix it right away. It's one of those things that people worry it might be a virus but in reality it's probably just a weird c. chinense expression of a nutrient problem or physical damage or something? (This guy had a bit too much fertilizer) Who knows. More info would be helpful if anyone has it.

+1
My thoughts exactly!!

When you post pictures grab the "IMG code." It makes you pictures viewable in the browser.

So your photos would look like this - "
b0c8d703.jpg-

" without the quotes and without the - after the image tag.

3d2fb5c7.jpg

4642fa15.jpg

63609fa7.jpg

Thanks for fixing the pics for us millworkman :)

I would make sure you are draining your water as well. It looks like there's water sitting in the bottom of those cups and your soil looks too wet. Cut back on your watering and make sure that your soil is well-drained. Peppers don't like wet feet.

Earlier this year I had a similar discoloration problem which ended up being overwatering, especially with the new leaves being yellower. I would agree with the people saying its overwatering.

Back