• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Weirdest thing happened

I had a pot with about 15 banana pepper seedlings about 2-3" tall growing nicely.
I go check them this morning and I discover that they have all been eaten completly with just the nub of the stalk left at the base of the dirt.
No other plants were touched just the banana pepper seedlings.

I thought this was very strange..

Wow yes i had the same problem man isnt that strange. Its snails. I had 6 rocotos out in potts and they got eaten . Go and get some snail bait.Only in the bahamas i guess,.

Reckon the snails are attracted to certain chillies more than others or do you think it was planned?

Let's start this guy trippin' and just annihilate these ones here....

If you buy slug/snail bait, make sure not to use it around pets or children(I almost killed my dog). You can buy the safer kinds, or make beer traps, or use diatomaceous earth on top of your soil, or copper wire around your pots or grow area

I guess I'll be sowing some more banana pepper seeds.
Very strange how it only ate the them and didnt touch the hot seedlings.

Lucky i have some snail and slug stuff at our store.

Also fade for a bore organic and healthier for your plants and pets. Eggshells. crush them up and sprinkle round the plants. It keeps snails away and will also add minerals and calcium to your soil.And i havent had a snail since so it working , either that or the snails arent.

I had a problem with rats going through the garbage in my front yard. So i folded a nice dose of 7pot powder into some ham. The next morning the ham was gone and there was a dead rat lying there. Coulda been a coincidence but i definitely think the 7pot had something to do with it's demise.

Back