• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Well that just made my day.

Today I can semi use my hands.

Chemo left me with Neropathy and Essential tremors(that come and go).

Today is cool after a week of not being able to control my hands.
They say it'll be up to 2 yrs. before things get cool-semi cool.

Today I can type.
Can't write,but at least my hands are semi cool today.

A BIG thing to me!

Cool post!
Positive stuff is VERY cool,no matter what the subject is.

Smokers gonna be smoking tomorrow.
Chicken was on sale.
Shaky hands or not.
Smokers gonna smoke.
1 shelf has a rub,second is Sweet soy(Kecap Manis),third is an Indian style rub.
Actually 6 shelves of Chicken-Breasts,Thighs,Boneless Thighs and legs.
20-30 lbs of raw stuff.
When the smaller stuff gets done,I'll smoke dry peppers.

THAT ROCKS MY BOAT,BIG TIME.
Makes me happy!
I love positive posts!
Been through too much Cancer crap and NEED to get my head back together-Post about good stuff-smoking stuff.

Thanks for posting good stuff that helps me get my head back together.

Nothing like reminding me,I'm smoking some great stuff.
Gonna do some smokes soon with about 30 lbs of London Broil (Top Round) soon.
Smoking stuff for me is an attitude adjustment.
Thank you for your post,PRIORITIES mean a lot-I AM Smokemaster. LOL

The olive tree is one of many in the area. Here is a pic from beside it, the main/oldest tree is the largest of this group.
3GECYIG.jpg

This shot from across the valley shows the sheer number of them, note the paler green foliage. My house is somewhere in the distance, just look for the chilli plants...... :rofl:
2ipDlHt.jpg

That reminds me, they should be ready to harvest soon.... :dance:

SR.

I guess you can eat them fresh, but they are very bitter. Brining reduces the bitterness substantially. I added some Scotch Bonnet halves to a batch last time which resulted in some very, very spicy olives.  :P

Sweet ride Paulky!!

Circa 1988-89

Military service found me in Israel. Was Haifa I think.  Went to a bar on the outskirts of the city (Arab) there were few (if any) Israeli bars but there were a couple Arab ones (to my recollection). This particular one offered a very small selection of some “beer” if it could be called that. They also “sold” olives there as well. After having a few beers, I asked for some olives. To my chagrin, had to pay for them.

After paying for them, I asked the bartender why they didn’t offer them for free? He was dumbfounded at the question. “For free?” He questioned me like “I” was an idiot. I then told him in America, bars offered peanuts and pretzels for free to the patrons. Still he looked at me like I was a nut. “For free?” he asked. “Yes for free “ I told him. Still puzzled, he looked at me so I offered explanation.
“Someone eats salty peanuts which are cheap yes?” “Yes” he answered. “Cheaper than beer?” I asked. “Yes” he said while laughing. “What happens when they eat the peanuts?” I asked him. He contemplated it for a few moments and said “they drink beer!” A true epiphany I witnessed firsthand.

I came back four days later and the bar had bowls of olives, peanuts, pretzels and potato chips everywhere.  I got the VIP treatment for the next two weeks and never once had to pay for a beer.

It “made my day” "every day" for about two weeks….

Back