• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Went to a family picnic

salsalady

Business Member
Thought I'd share yesterday's family picnic. Look what cousin Jen and hubby JT brought to the party!

85ae613f.jpg

Uncle Mike in the grill for burgers and dogs-
e57233fb.jpg

JT taking care of the ribs and pork (brisket, I think) for pulled pork-
772ebfba.jpg

5c79035c.jpg

The HEAT-
e768f02d.jpg

Sharing the harvest- This was the funnest part, watching the youngsters taste the fresh peppers and get schooled...
6ae6ffeb.jpg

Sad part was that out of about 60 people, there was only 1 real chilehead willing to try the scorcher salsa. Aw, well...

There's always next year's Pacific Northwest Chilehead party~

Whooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you could sink the whole British navy with that submarine BBQ.

It is definitely a pro-smoker! I'd describe it as 3 1/2 barrels, 3 full counter-weighted lids and a 1/2 barrel fire pit on the end. Double rack the whole way through on a double-axle to boot! This unit belongs to friends of my cousin and he was kind enough to let them use it for the day.

What an awesome unit, Temp gauges on each section, pretty sweet~

Oh yea...it works well, also! 'Kid and I went to the party but Salsadude had to stay home with the critters. I made sure to bring home some leftovers and they are being enjoyed.

As with all of our family functions, lack of food is NEVER an issue. I took 30 pint-size (16 oz) plastic salsa tubs and lids for everyone to take home leftovers, and they were all used plus some other containers.

Seeing that cool smoker unit, I can see why people really get into their smoking stuff and go competition and all.

Fun Times~

Back