• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What a difference 2 weeks makes

All of those plants and no bug problem? lol
Where do you live? I mean EXACT address? You might have a large tattoo'd fat bug problem before too long...

We have heaps of beneficials and theres not much room left fot tattoos, in the garden or on me.
Have the seeds arrived yet Sean.

Your pepper grow is definitely looking great this year Sandgroper.

And with the thick blanket of snow covering the ground outside my window, it's nice to be reminded of what summer looks like again. ;)

Thanks for sharing.

dvg

Glad to make your day, That blanket of snow will be gone soon enough and you will be out there doing it. Our season down here inspires you guys and when yours is in full swing it does the same for us.
Havent figured out the multi reply yet. When ever I click on multi it only ever gives me the comments from the one that I click reply in.
Ive been through and clicked multi on all of the posts that I want to peply to and still it only gives me one comment. How do others do it.????

Oh I see I have been hitting multi in all the posts I want to reply to then hitting reply in the last post not the add reply at the bottom. Doh! Doh!

Glad to make your day, That blanket of snow will be gone soon enough and you will be out there doing it. Our season down here inspires you guys and when yours is in full swing it does the same for us.
Havent figured out the multi reply yet. When ever I click on multi it only ever gives me the comments from the one that I click reply in.
Ive been through and clicked multi on all of the posts that I want to peply to and still it only gives me one comment. How do others do it.????

Just like this

Oh I see I have been hitting multi in all the posts I want to reply to then hitting reply in the last post not the add reply at the bottom. Doh! Doh!

and this

I love the blue barrels!! Do you always plant multiples in those big guys? I have some overwintered plants I was thinking of growing in 40gals cut in half. May be overkill tho, eh?

I love the blue barrels!! Do you always plant multiples in those big guys? I have some overwintered plants I was thinking of growing in 40gals cut in half. May be overkill tho, eh?
Yes I usually plant them out to multiss they grow well in company.. I dont reckon it would be overkill as most people get bigger harvests from over wintered plants.

Marc, I love your landscaping, never mind the robust and beautiful chile plants...It looks like a paradise!
Thanks mate, it takes a bit to keep up with it all.Lawnmowers, grass trimmers, blowers, and then theres the weeding.Just had 4.5 mm of rain from some thunderstorms cooled it down 10 degrees for half an hour but its back up to 40 again now.

Drum 1 two weeks ago
IMG_1041.jpg

I see that the leaves have some small burnt edges... is that nute burn that people talk about? It doesn't seem to affect them badly at all cos they all sprung up quickly. If I remember correctly from an earlier post you plant them in compost and manure? Whatever you do its definitely working!

It's easy to see you love what you do SG...everything is lush and beautiful...what month(s) is(are) your biggest harvest(s)?

I see that the leaves have some small burnt edges... is that nute burn that people talk about? It doesn't seem to affect them badly at all cos they all sprung up quickly. If I remember correctly from an earlier post you plant them in compost and manure? Whatever you do its definitely working!

I dont think its nute burn as they dont get fed that much, just a bit of fish emulsion and kelp and occasional CalMag Life. I think it is actually from the high heat that we have had. The plants that get sun shelter during the middle of the day dont have much at all but the ones in full sun get a bit of curled edges and sometimes that burn on the edges. Those seedlings in the garden and in the blue drums came from partial shade (on a bench under shadecloth with only morning sun) to full sun so I expect a bit of damage but they are tough little suckers and they love it when you treat em a bit mean.

It's easy to see you love what you do SG...everything is lush and beautiful...what month(s) is(are) your biggest harvest(s)?

Thanks AJ Yeah I just love growing them. My biggest harvest time up here is from mid March to the end of May. The nights start to cool a bit in March and that really gets the chillies hustling along. We are about 80kms north of Perth and it is quite a bit hotter here and the fruits tend to get a bit burnt if they come on too early. I have heaps developing as we speak with more appearing every day. I love just walking around lifting up leaves and seeing whats hidden under them. I also talk to my plants while I am out there.

Great job so far. I can't wait until I can get my peppers out into the summer sun. I've only got a few starts under fluro's in the house and about 5' of snow outside right now :(.

Judging by the wrinkly leaves on a few of your plants (7-Pot Brain and ButchT's), it looks like they've either been attacked by aphids or could use some calcium

Great job so far. I can't wait until I can get my peppers out into the summer sun. I've only got a few starts under fluro's in the house and about 5' of snow outside right now :(.

Judging by the wrinkly leaves on a few of your plants (7-Pot Brain and ButchT's), it looks like they've either been attacked by aphids or could use some calcium

I gave them a feed of Dialife last week which has silica, magnesium and calcium in it and a hint of boron to activate the silica. I didnt want to over do it either so I will wait a few more days and decide whether to give them more or not. We have also had a lot of hot dry days with lots of dry hot easterlies blowing and I think that the caribbean plants like a bit more humidity. It is a bit more humid today with the odd shower as we have another cyclone(Carlos) bearing down and they actually look heaps better today. I gave them a spray with fungus interuptus yesterday evening just in case. That fungus interuptus is bloody good stuf, it comes from the USA. It is natural. I put 4 ounces into 600 litres of water and sprayed an acre of nectarines and it cured the leafcurl on them for 3 years.

Oh ok you are giving them something. I have two Bhuts and two Yellow Scorpions that had a similar issue with the bumpy leaves. I potted them up and added in roughly 25-30% worm castings. It took about a week for them to start looking normal. They're almost completely flat now. Definitely give it some time before applying more. I'm not positive, but I think calcium uptake is rather slow.

Back