• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What are the most "citrus like" tasting peppers?

THE OMNI-COLOR IS ONE OF MY TOP FAVORITES!!
i never tasted a nasty aftertaste from them, i could have had something to do with the soil they where grown in
i personally love them, there flavor is quite delicate

thats just me

thanks your friend joe

I like the omnicolor. Unripe is floral and fruity. Not sure about citrus. Ripe they almost have a tomato flavor.

I just hated it when grandma tried to slip me the tongue when I kissed her...and yuck, she had a big ol' dip of garretts scotch snuff..

Ummm.... all this Grandma talk is kind of..... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Good ideas so far for the citrus taste peppers though.
I have sourced some of these already, need a few more.

Keep the ideas coming..... but leave Grannies out of it.... if possible. :D

Back on topic, no Großmütter (mine was German)! My 2¢ based on what I’ve tasted from my own pepper patch:

Mild: Cumari, extremely prolific.
Medium: Aji limon/lemon/limo, Aji Pineapple (all taste pretty much the same to me)
Hot: Fatalii (without a doubt)

Back on topic, no Großmütter (mine was German)! My 2¢ based on what I’ve tasted from my own pepper patch:

Medium: Aji limon/lemon/limo, Aji Pineapple (all taste pretty much the same to me)
Hot: Fatalii (without a doubt)

Don’t forget grandmas can take their teeth out.... ;) ;) ;)

But as for the HOT section have to go with the Fatalii

Mild??? We must not have grown the same cumari. My cumari were FAR hotter than the aji limon/lemon/lemon drop. Not even in the same category.

I was suprised to find my Chupetinho powder tangy/sour citrusy. Medium hot and it goes well with asian food.

Back