• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What are these?

Hey, you lovebirds are hijacking my thread!!! :P

Anyway, I would gladly accept your kind offer, Omri! Should I PM you my address? Do you need anything in trade? I would be happy to cover your expences, of course!

And.. yeah, I am in Germany indeed! :P I never realized you knew me that well! :shocked::)

Chiliac said:
Hey, you lovebirds are hijacking my thread!!!

And.. yeah, I am in Germany indeed! :P I never realized you knew me that well! :shocked::)

Well we've got to do it on someones thread ;)

I know you live in Germany because on the 'welcome' forum you say "Hello from Germany". I'm just observant with a good memory for some things.

Omri said:
Exactly! it's nothing personal, your post was randomly picked to be hijacked. :lol:
When I first ever came across you Omri (somewhere else but here) I said I had a bad habit of hijacking threads and you said you were the same. Looks like we've put it into practice quite well. See you tomorrow (tummy hungry again) :)

rainbowberry said:
When I first ever came across you Omri (somewhere else but here) I said I had a bad habit of hijacking threads and you said you were the same. Looks like we've put it into practice quite well. See you tomorrow (tummy hungry again) :)
First of all that's one amazing memory! or perhaps mine is just really crappy?
Second, enjoy! :cool:

This thread reminded me of some dried stuff I've got.

dried_chiles.jpg

The one on the left is from a supermarket "ethnic foods" section and claims to be Japanese. Looks to be birdseyes.

The one on the left came from an Asian Foods store.

Funny, I asked the man for hot chiles. He looked at me, smiled and ran right to these and handed 'em over. They say from Thailand, and are quite a bit smaller and hotter than the other ones. Both yummers for cheap dried pods though.

I wonder if seeds from those would grow? As you can see, there a tons of seeds all over the place in there. Although, the one on the right seems extremely dry...like too baked for seeds to work. Hmm.

-Q

If the pods were dried at a not too high temperature, the seeds should germinate. Just put a few on a wet paper towel covered with foil and you'll know in 3-20 days...

The ones on the left look a little more trustworthy to me when it comes to germination.... :)

I'd be happy to find Jalapenos here at all times. Dried pods like these are pretty easy to get though.

Pepperfreak said:
Quadshotz, you've got some good stores in your area, I'm jealous. Most of the time I'm lucky to find jalapenos in our stores.

Yeah, i feel fairly lucky.

Supermarkets here have jalapenos, orange habs, ancho, pablanos, serannos, and occascional others. Plus, most have an aisle with bags of stuff like that, plus herbs and sauces. The bag of serannos I just bought for .99/lb were locally grown too, which is a plus.

And we have several ethnic food stores, reminds me, there's a "new" mexican foods store I need to visit.

People forget that while East and West WA is not esp. warm, the center is actually desert..and about 80% Hispanic. One of the best and hottest salsas I've had was made by a gf's neighbor in Toppenish using plants they'd had grown for decades. And, using a secret family recipe.

So, LOTS of chilis. Heck, they even grow Hops and Wasabi in WA state. :)

-Q

chilliman64 said:
interesting place to keep your pods...
It was either take the picture there on the bed or on top of the suitcase piled high with towels, under-wear and bikinis so I chose the un-made bed, every other surface was covered.

rainbowberry said:
It was either take the picture there on the bed or on top of the suitcase piled high with towels, under-wear and bikinis so I chose the un-made bed, every other surface was covered.
Party pooper...

Back