• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What are you adding to next years grow?

b3rnd said:

Wow, really? Mine don't look anything like Bishop's Crown. (Edit: Mine kinda look like obese Lemon Drops) I'll make a few pictures in a bit. Could you post some pictures of yours?

This could be interesting because some people say Aji Pineapple and Lemon Drop are the same variety, but this might prove otherwise. If they were the same variety, the F1 cross would be the same or at least somewhat similar, right?
I will take some photos tommrow and send you.

Well most of thats outta the way. Still need a larger mild chinense. Just something larger than the CCN Aji Dulce #1. PITA to remove seeds from them little suckers :D

From Refining Fire Chiles
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion 10+ Seeds
Thunder Mountain Longhorn Chile Seeds
Sugar Rush Peach 10+ Seeds
Zapotec Jalapeno 10+ seeds

$2.75 shipping

Order Total: $22.71

Brazilian Starfish because I hear that they taste so good.
Aribibi Guasano since they look crazy and I want to taste them.
Something sweet and below habanero heat for my wife.  She recently started to challenge herself and can now eat jalapenos raw. 
Some bubblegums because I want to taste them.

I'll be overwintering a few that I already have: Moruga, reaper, bhutlah brown, and a bhut.

Seems like I keep adding to this when it's not really realistic, but I just had my first baccatum yesterday and I'd really like to add more of those next year.

AndyW said:
Seems like I keep adding to this when it's not really realistic, but I just had my first baccatum yesterday and I'd really like to add more of those next year.

Ive grown Aji Cito and Lemon Drops. Both were very good producers. Blossom end is way sweeter and milder than the stem end. Both make an exception hot sauce but for fresh the Starfish is wonderful if you want milder.

The really funny part is 2 local guys at the farmers market offered lemon drops this year. So if i want some its no biggie :D

ShowMeDaSauce said:

Ive grown Aji Cito and Lemon Drops. Both were very good producers. Blossom end is way sweeter and milder than the stem end. Both make an exception hot sauce but for fresh the Starfish is wonderful if you want milder.

The really funny part is 2 local guys at the farmers market offered lemon drops this year. So if i want some its no biggie :D
Yeah I definitely noticed that the bottom is sweeter. Brazilian starfish sounds great and I'm thinking it'll go on the shortlist.

So I ended up deciding on Thai orange hot from semillas.de. I hope my dried piri piri will last me until this one fruits for my occasional thai cooking :D

Skærmbillede 2018-08-23 kl. 18.08.15.png

Got my list already, going to start in november.

Chocolate Lava
Moruga Red
Moruga Chocolate
Moruga Yellow
BBM
7 Pot Yellow
7 Pot Burgundy
7 Pot Brown
Jay's Red
Orange Bhut Jolokia
TFM Scotch Bonnet
Carbonero
Aleppo
Kashmiri Mirch
Berberè Coffee Brown
Zapotec Jalapeno
Shishito
Sugar Rush Peach

mlh5953 said:
I'm going to try growing P.Dreadie and Freeport Scotch Bonnets  :dance:
I've grown both of those, and really happy I did.

This was my first time growing Freeports. Big, strong productive plants that produce xl orange warty pods.... All true to form, some got tails. They taste great, extra fruity. Hotter than any yella bonnets I grew this year, but not brutal. Definitely growing next year...

Guitarman said:
Got my list already, going to start in november.

Chocolate Lava
Moruga Red
Moruga Chocolate
Moruga Yellow
BBM
7 Pot Yellow
7 Pot Burgundy
7 Pot Brown
Jay's Red
Orange Bhut Jolokia
TFM Scotch Bonnet
Carbonero
Aleppo
Kashmiri Mirch
Berberè Coffee Brown
Zapotec Jalapeno
Shishito
Sugar Rush Peach
Nice list!! Got a few of those in common with you next year...

Next year, I want to try garlic again. In containers. The last two trys it rotted before it was harvest time.

NuMex Sauve Orange. Not new, but will grow MORE. I'm in love with it's great flavor and mild heat.

A proper Aleppo. If anyone can point me toward a source for isolated, authentic seed, I would really appreciate it.

Whatever I do end up growing next year will be in containers in a growing enclosure here at the house. I am done with the floods & weeds of the community gardens.

nmlarson said:
Next year, I want to try garlic again. In containers. The last two trys it rotted before it was harvest time.

NuMex Sauve Orange. Not new, but will grow MORE. I'm in love with it's great flavor and mild heat.

A proper Aleppo. If anyone can point me toward a source for isolated, authentic seed, I would really appreciate it.

Whatever I do end up growing next year will be in containers in a growing enclosure here at the house. I am done with the floods & weeds of the community gardens.
Edmick is the man to talk to about Aleppo

Back