• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What are your top 3 growers?

I am speaking to anyone who is growing seedlings right now for the upcoming season. Let's limit to your 3 best looking specimens thus far.

AJ's Dorset Nagas are too lush and compact to be believed.
(note: these seeds looked crushed when I got them:oops:)

Dale's Purple Jalapenos Gorgeous purplish leaves, healthy looking.

My Frank's Hot Sweet. This thing is 8 inches tall and covered in flowers:shocked:

I have several Bishops Hat that are over a foot tall.

A huge lush green Datil.

Chocolate Habaneros with leaves as big as my hand but are on a plant 6 inches tall.

Top 3 for me are all C. annuum
Jalapeno M with peppers
Chimayo I've cut off many flowers and peppers
Thai orange with peppers

Cheezy...lets hope those breed true...I got them off Ebay so I can't attest to the authenticity...however, when I asked the guy about them he said he had grown them from seed and kept them isolated.

Super Cayenne Hybrid II (with peppers) is tallest - Tomato Growers
Fatalii....gorgeous plant with dark dark green leaves - Pepper Joe
Franks Hot Sweet...tall and has peppers on it too...thanks Mister_Al

...and a T. Scorpion that is ready to pot up.

IMG_0027.jpg

The top 3? You mean which top 3 are growing the best?

Thats hard to say...But, I would say my Orange Habs, Serranos and Hot Hungarian Wax and Mariachi.

Humm, I can't count...But as I said, Its hard to say...:lol:

two of my top three were started in compost/coir mixes, the other one is just in coir.
my cr hab 'junior' is the biggest by far, i started him two weeks or so before the rest tho. one of my chacoenses is second, he's in compost/coir too, and about the same size is my tepin 'mimzy', she just got potted up the other day.

Not much has popped up yet sooo....

Ben't "Monster" Asain Birdseye
My Havana Tobacco
My Piquins are a little small for my comfort but that's the only other pepper that has sprouted so far.... :(

My best/fastest growers are my 2 new Gold Bullets... I swear they're weeds!!

I know this post is about seedlings but even last years are growing surprisingly fast.

My larger plants:

Rocotos
Any of the Habaneros
Peppadew

As for my tiny seedlings:

Ivorian Pimente (QF)
Peter pepper (AJ)
Wild Tepin (AJ)

Interesting! Yes AJ, from the way they were crushed and the "ebay" source, I got potowie to send me some back ups, so I should be OK! Even if they are a hybrid I will be happy thanks for the warning.

7 Pots have gotten a bad name on another thread as poor growers, but mine, while still quite young, are outgrowing many sprouts which popped up before them.

Also many here have listed 7 pot in their top 3 growers.

Back