• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

heat what can I do to make my hot sauce feel hotter without adding hotter peppers to it

I'm using dried Carolina reapers, dried ghost peppers, and dried scorpion peppers how can I make it feel hotter than what it will be?

It's going to be pretty hot, what is your liquid going to be? Water and vinegar? With dried peppers they will need to rehydrate. I'd suggest you rehydrate in water and vinegar, blend it smooth, and cook. It there's too much liquid, cook it down, don't waste it. That's heat since you rehydrated in it. Add some onion and garlic and a little lime juice for flavor. Nothing sweet if you want it as hot as possible. It will be pretty damn hot. You will want to keep it in the fridge until you know about pH and safe bottling.

It's going to be pretty hot, what is your liquid going to be? Water and vinegar? With dried peppers they will need to rehydrate. I'd suggest you rehydrate in water and vinegar, blend it smooth, and cook. It there's too much liquid, cook it down, don't waste it. That's heat since you rehydrated in it. Add some onion and garlic and a little lime juice for flavor. Nothing sweet if you want it as hot as possible. It will be pretty damn hot. You will want to keep it in the fridge until you know about pH and safe bottling.
And salt....cuz...you know...salt makes things hotter....:rolleyes:

Theres one really easy way to make chili hotter than normal. Add Alcohol!
Alcohol will distribute the capsaicin easier than water.

I ince made a liquor for pranking people on a party..... I used a simple bottle of Alcohol and added an Habanero and let it sit for 3 months... Thats what you can call Fire-Water....

Or when someone tried a too hot sauce and wants some drink to get rid of.... Just serve them Beer insead of Water :D

Back