• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What chile varieties are your very special ones

Which 1 or 2 varities are you growing new this year that have you most excited. I know its hard to narrow down but we don't need to see everyone's full list.;)

For me I'd say the Cili Goronong since I love the cool looking ones, and the Scotch Bonnet TFM which has been highly recommended by everyone who's tried it, and I love Scotch Bonnets.:drooling:

well to be honest i was looking forward to the scorpion and nagas most but now that the seedlings are up the trinidad purfume and jamacian scotch bonnets are growing so uniformly and prettily that they caught my eye :| i just got that good feeling from em

Well since this is my first year of growing them, I am really looking forward to the Dorset Naga and the Chocolate Hab.

i like cute little peppers and my favorite colour is yellow so i'm particularly attached to the cumari. which means i should probably stop dropping that one... oh, and the twins.

7 Pot and Thai Orange....I love the Thai Oranges and am thrilled to have the 7 pots (thanks Trini)..

As I am new to growing this season as well I will tell you my 1 or 2 faves by fall (hopefully):lol: I am kinda hoping my Bolivian Rainbow does well and my Bhut Jolokia

Since I am fairly new to chillies, I am pretty excited about them all :onfire: .

With that said, I am really excited about the Bhuts, Nagas, Scorpian and different variety of Scoth Bonnets, and Yellow Rocoto. :lol:

POTAWIE said:
What kinds of C. baccatum's?

Polumbo, Earbob, Inca Berry, Heart Throb, Lemon Drop, Aji Benito, Aji Verde, Aji Colorado, Criolla Sella, Dedo de Moca, Serbian, Bishop's Crown, and Pilange,

I've grown Lemon Drop, Criolla Sella, Dedo de Moca, and Pilange before.

Heres one that I just have to try just for the description of it, Cumari o Passarinho; Capsicum chinense; Brazil

This is a nasty hot one and has been given unflattering names by those I seen put on their knees by this one. Variable pods are found at USDA but this one is the real deal. A good producers that ripens from light green to orange.

Also the Congo Trinidad they look so cool and I also got nags and they are good but fresh I don't know in the dried form they taste really good. From Beth at peppermania

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
As I am new to growing this season as well I will tell you my 1 or 2 faves by fall (hopefully):lol: I am kinda hoping my Bolivian Rainbow does well and my Bhut Jolokia

Me too...:)

I know what I consider my favorites now, Habs, jalapeno, Hot Hungarian Wax, Pablano. But I have started others that I can't wait to taste.

I'm looking forward to the 2 from Trinidad that I will be starting this year. 7 pot and scorpion. (thanks in advance trinihottie!)

the Aussie season had me growing bhuts, 7 pods, scorpions, hot paper lanterns and nagas for the first time. as Spring is now over I learnt to get my seeds germinated VERY early as they take a long time to get their game on! I was most excited about the bhuts/nagas. I won't give the 7's or scorpions another go as they took a long time to get started and still don't have fruit on them. next season I'll be relying heavily on my good old faithful orange habs, over the years they've never let me down and this year I didn't grow any :(

I'm a woos... I'll admit it. I'm waiting on my Jalapenos for the most part. Especially can't wait to see the Purple ones.
For decoration & just the fun of growing pepper plants, I can't wait to see how my Royal Black's will look.

AlabamaJack said:
7 Pot and Thai Orange....I love the Thai Oranges and am thrilled to have the 7 pots (thanks Trini)..

Is thai orange similar to nepali orange, I am a huge fan of those and as far as plant foliage goes they look really cool to me.....very symetrical glossy leaves.....just....cool!

AJ's Dorset Nagas, Potowie's Dorset nagas, Slinters nagas lol.

Tirni's Scorpions, 7 pot, hot cherry, tobago seasoning, and congos.

And 3 different scotch bonnets.

Purple jalapenos, dedo de moca, etc. etc. etc. SORRY!!! I couldn't stop.

I've never tried the Nepali orange but it doesn't look much like the thai orange.

714654693060ea0c56cwx1.jpg

I look forward to my manzano...I've eaten lots of them in Mexico, but these are the first I've grown. This plant is in hydro and will be planted in the dirt for the summer.

MANZANO.jpg

Back