• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What chilli do you HAVE to grow?

I'll say that, no matter what I am growing I will never NOT have a Caribbean Red growing... They are amazing producers, gorgeous fruit, great heat, awesome flavor... What more could you ask for?

if I don't grow jalapenos, the wife will be very very disappointed (read, I grow jalapenos every year)

I'm not a big fan of orange habs but I seem to have a real thing for yellow C. chinenses. So far the only one that didn't totally impress me was the cili goronong

This is just my second year growing, and my first year of Reds and Tabasco. I don't think I'll go another year without each of them now though. Also, gotta have plenty of jalapenos.

I've only tried a few but for now I'll go with the Trinidad Congo. Best thing you can do to a plate of eggs is add some powder of this pepper.

This is my 1st year growing lots of different types, but i've liked my tepins in previous years and my rocoto reds are really cool looking plants.

Orange Habs and Hot Bananna (love em pickled). This is my first year growing super hots, so they might be on list next year.

I HAVE to grow Thai Chilies. If I only had one plant that would be it. Second in line would be either a Trinidad Scorpion or a Naga/Bhut. Third is Aji Lemon Drop. I'll grow these 4 as long as I have a garden.

Difficult to choose just one....... OK.......The Rocoto.
I have an over wintered plant that just comes to bellow my shoulder in height loaded with pods! Beautiful plants AND tasty pods!

Back