• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What do you eat??! A year in the life of a pescatarian 2022

I post a lot of meals. I think it's high time I just started a food blog for the year.
Those that don't know we are a pescatarian family. Meaning we consume some seafood. However, we are mostly vegetarian and eat mostly plant-based.
Today's lunch was french bread pizzas made with mushrooms, olives, jalapeno, veggie sausage and mozzarella cheese. Sauce is a simple tomato sauce with garlic onion and oregano sprinkled with black garlic seasoning and crushed red pepper.
IMG_20220123_140558531.jpg

Twinsies!

Twinsies!
I almost posted the picture in the last great pizza thread and it dawned on me how many meals I post to other people's mega threads I ought to just have a food log myself. I'm going to try to highlight some of the more intricate meals that I make throughout the year like the crispy skin mushrooms I posted recently but more in depth in case anyone else wants to attempt it themselves.

Awesome! I should start one too. I'm also 90% veggie 10% fish.

I almost posted the picture in the last great pizza thread and it dawned on me how many meals I post to other people's mega threads I ought to just have a food log myself.
Oh I wasn't telling you to post there just linking to my pizza also on a seeded loaf!

I post a lot of meals. I think it's high time I just started a food blog for the year.
Those that don't know we are a pescatarian family. Meaning we consume some seafood. However, we are mostly vegetarian and eat mostly plant-based.
Today's lunch was french bread pizzas made with mushrooms, olives, jalapeno, veggie sausage and mozzarella cheese. Sauce is a simple tomato sauce with garlic onion and oregano sprinkled with black garlic seasoning

Went to the farmers market today. Picked up some King oyster mushrooms
IMG_20220129_122440695.jpg

I know just what to do with these beauties! I happen to have everything I need as well.
IMG_20220129_183103022.jpg

Removed tops and thinly sliced them. Use the fork to shred the stems. A quarter cup of orange juice with a half cup beer, 2tsp garlic powder, 2tsp cumin powder, 1tsp salt, 1tsp oregano, 1tsp chipotle powder and juice of a lime. Mixed thoroughly then marinate for 30 minutes.
IMG_20220129_184917166.jpg

Heat oven to 425 while mushrooms are marinating. Spread mushrooms on sheet pan reserving extra marinade and roast for approximately 30 minutes stirring at 20 minutes and drizzling the remainder of marinade.
IMG_20220129_190318456.jpg

Mushrooms are done when crispy on the edges but still soft in the center
IMG_20220129_194224567.jpg

Warm some corn tortillas. Stuff with mushrooms. Top with onion, cilantro and your favorite hot sauce. King oyster mushrooms carnitas style.
IMG_20220129_194946568.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220129_194224567.jpg
    IMG_20220129_194224567.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Wouldn't be an accurate flog if I didn't talk about our most reoccurring breakfast. It all starts with potatoes in an air fryer. Sliced potatoes lengthwise then in half inch slices. Put in bowl cover with cold water for 30 minutes then dry potatoes thoroughly with the towel. Once dry drizzle with olive oil sprinkle with chili powder of your choice (today we used Chipotle powder) and salt. Toss to coat evenly then into the air fryer on 400 for 25 minutes. Let It go for 10 minutes then shake the basket every 5 minutes till they are done.
IMG_20220130_103112098.jpg

Toss them in a bowl then layer American cheese, scrambled eggs, chili and sambal. Enjoy. This kind of breakfast will hold you over through the afternoon.
IMG_20220130_105621320.jpg

With any special diet. Your going to have failure and disappointment with trying to find options to replace those dishes that you once loved. Today is one of those days.
Backstory. I've been seeing posts on Instagram from a Vegan pop-up chkn' sandwich stand that traveled around selling vegan sandwiches and loaded fries.
Well, finally the time comes that they will be at a brewery in Baton Rouge (about an hour from my house) At this point I'm stoked. From the pictures I see posting this looks like it's going to be a fantastic experience.
Today was that day. Upon arrival we see a pretty good sized line. We waited about an hour. Watched as they fried soy curls and made hand breaded plant based chikn sandwiches. The food smelled great. Looked amazing.
Unfortunately this is where things go south. My wife ordered a regular crispy chicken sandwich and I ordered the buffalo ranch fries. Total came to $28. For one sandwich and loaded fries 🤦🏼‍♂️The Patty was dense. More like a bread than mock meat. Flavor was okay but texture ruined this sandwich. The Buffalo soy curls were spongy in texture and quite chewy. The Buffalo sauce was more butter than Frank's and the vegan dill ranch overpowered the hot sauce flavor.
The pop up is called "Vuture foods" and if they pop up near you. I would pass. Sad because as you see. It looks delicious.
IMG_20220130_140308690_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220130_140238208_HDR.jpg

Back