• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What do you eat??! A year in the life of a pescatarian 2022

I post a lot of meals. I think it's high time I just started a food blog for the year.
Those that don't know we are a pescatarian family. Meaning we consume some seafood. However, we are mostly vegetarian and eat mostly plant-based.
Today's lunch was french bread pizzas made with mushrooms, olives, jalapeno, veggie sausage and mozzarella cheese. Sauce is a simple tomato sauce with garlic onion and oregano sprinkled with black garlic seasoning and crushed red pepper.
IMG_20220123_140558531.jpg

My wife makes the best Lima beans with mushrooms. Recipe was originally from the Camella beans recipe section on their site. She made some changes to suit our diet (IE veg broth not chicken) they are creamy and full of umami flavor. Theming my condiments with seed ranch umami everyday sauce and seed ranch truffle fire.
IMG_20220719_190654064.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, Gardein's Ultimate line is the best plant-based so far. Try the chick'n strips and patties, insane!

@peppersproutfarm I LOVE shrimp! Unfortunately, I developed a severe allergic reaction to them (and anything that swims backwards) when I was 22. I recently heard-tell of plant-based "seafood". The shrimp in your dish above look like the real deal, but I was wondering if you have seen plant-based shrimp, and if so, how do them measure up.

Man, that dish looks delicious!

@peppersproutfarm I LOVE shrimp! Unfortunately, I developed a severe allergic reaction to them (and anything that swims backwards) when I was 22. I recently heard-tell of plant-based "seafood". The shrimp in your dish above look like the real deal, but I was wondering if you have seen plant-based shrimp, and if so, how do them measure up.

Though we eat mostly plant-based. We are pescatarian and this is real shrimp. I have not tried the plant-based shrimp because we eat shrimp.

Last edited:

You can't eat crawdads? I can't eat shrimp/crabs from the sea/ocean, but I can eat freshwater crawfish.. Not exactly sure how they are different. Maybe you have a similar allergy?

You can't eat crawdads? I can't eat shrimp/crabs from the sea/ocean, but I can eat freshwater crawfish.. Not exactly sure how they are different. Maybe you have a similar allergy?

Nope. My Mother's side of the family is from Louisiana, so believe me, I've tried. No mudbugs, lobster, shrimp, squid, octopus, etc. I use to be able to eat a few crabs (with Benadryl), because they swim sideways :). But I gave them up as well. I was just asking if anybody has seen plant-based "shrimp", or any seafood for that matter. I would give it a try.

Nope. My Mother's side of the family is from Louisiana, so believe me, I've tried. No mudbugs, lobster, shrimp, squid, octopus, etc. I use to be able to eat a few crabs (with Benadryl), because they swim sideways :). But I gave them up as well. I was just asking if anybody has seen plant-based "shrimp", or any seafood for that matter. I would give it a try.
I hear you.. Sometimes I wish I never knew the flavor of shrimp. I just try to remind myself it could be far worse. Imagine being allergic to nuts or mushrooms..
Or bees.
The nut allergies I've seen are pretty beyond.. I've never broken out from touching or even working with shrimp. Maybe I'm just not as allergic?

Back