• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What do you eat??! A year in the life of a pescatarian 2022

I post a lot of meals. I think it's high time I just started a food blog for the year.
Those that don't know we are a pescatarian family. Meaning we consume some seafood. However, we are mostly vegetarian and eat mostly plant-based.
Today's lunch was french bread pizzas made with mushrooms, olives, jalapeno, veggie sausage and mozzarella cheese. Sauce is a simple tomato sauce with garlic onion and oregano sprinkled with black garlic seasoning and crushed red pepper.
IMG_20220123_140558531.jpg

I'm allergic to peanuts - I'd be more devastated if I were allergic to shellfish
I guess I can understand that, given your location. I was more talking about having reactions just by touching peanuts, vs. having to eat shrimp. Maybe the level of allergy is different for different people. I could probably wash myself in shrimp and be alright, but could you slather yourself in peanut butter? I've seen kids who looked like they swam thru a dumpster of poison ivy, just from a little residual peanut oil. They are crazy about peanuts around here in the school system.. Don't recall it being like that when I was a kid.

I could slather myself in peanut butter - would that make me a bad person :rofl:
Only allergic if I eat them - then my tongue swells up and blocks my airways - not fun

I could slather myself in peanut butter - would that make me a bad person :rofl:
Only allergic if I eat them - then my tongue swells up and blocks my airways - not fun
Hehe.. It'd make you a nutty one! That's good to know the allergy isn't severe like that for everyone. I was under the impression it was contact with the peanut butter, from all the hype they do in the school system about it.. Maybe just for some.

weird thing is, it only started about 8 years ago so not a lifetime allergy.
Does mean I can't eat my favourite sandwich - peanut butter, banana and honey :cry:
Cashew butter doesn't quite hit the spot

Back