• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds What Do You Need for Planting/Transplanting Seeds/Seedlings?

I'm very new to this...

IMG_1177-2.jpg

And sometimes I use more of these...

IMG_1166.jpg

I love my chopstick, I use it everytime i transplant, makes a perfect hole to guid the seedling's roots into the mix. I also use the blunt end to make 1/4"-1/2" indents for starting new seeds (I have been burying them deeper lately, no caps left on), then gently cover them with mix.

+1000 on the beer!!!

now this is what i call sharing information guys...thanks for chiming in...

thaichillihead said:
Hey AJ, what's the best thing to mark black nursery pots with and can withstand outdoor elements?

I use the elmer's white paint pen and they don't wash off once dry...just make sure you write with a good streak of paint...and mark the pots as you transplant...count how many transpants you are going to do of a certain variety, mark pots, let them dry, and transplant.

He who has the most beers wins! lol nice job gasificada, I see we have similar tools at our disposal, AJ and Silver as well , Silver gets a bonus point for having the camo can :)
I can't belive I never thought of the fork! I have been using 2 toothpicks to lift the seedlings lol.... sometimes I over think things

thaichillihead said:
Hey AJ, what's the best thing to mark black nursery pots with and can withstand outdoor elements?

AlabamaJack said:
I use the elmer's white paint pen and they don't wash off once dry...

I know you asked AJ but I figured I would mention that I used Sharpie(metallic silver) last season and it held up quite well. I also discovered by accident that I was able to scrub it off with brillo. The brillo obviously leaves rubbing marks but that is fine by me.

I just use my gallon jug filled with mix, a spoon, a squirt bottle, and some cups. I will get pictures when it is pot-up time.

This

IMG_4749.jpg

and that

IMG_4751.jpg

I tape labels on the containers, cause stakes and all that go places... And the orange thing is a orange peeler from the pampered chef my mom sent me.

Which makes me wonder- who the hell actually uses this thing to peel oranges?

Almost the same tools as you AJ, but less of them AND the cement tub Boutros pictured. :) No beer though. Darn. lol. Butter knives are indispensable.

Josh said:
I know you asked AJ but I figured I would mention that I used Sharpie(metallic silver) last season and it held up quite well. I also discovered by accident that I was able to scrub it off with brillo. The brillo obviously leaves rubbing marks but that is fine by me.

Actually, the best way to remove sharpie from plastic is 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol on a rag, comes right off...

Back