• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

What Do You Use?

We know that everyone here has love for peppers and spicy foods in general. I love using my hot sauces and eating food with peppers but I also am into using and trying out new spicy condiments. Does anyone else here use spicy condiments on dogs and burgers and shrimp and everything? I am just curious to see if anyone else can recommend anything. Thanks!
:mouthonfire: :mouthonfire: :mouthonfire:

dbejbowns said:
We know that everyone here has love for peppers and spicy foods in general.

Not really. My fav pepper is the Hungarian Hot Wax, picked green and added to burgers! I raise them but rarely put much powder in meals - my family doesn't like them. I will use some japs and fish in salsa this year, but not a huge amount.

Mike

I use hot pepper jelly on toast, spicy mustard on burgers and on the rare occassion that I use mayo I will doctor it with chili powder or crushed red pepper flakes to have with fries. A hot sauce and regular mustard combo is also tasty with fries.

wordwiz said:
Not really. My fav pepper is the Hungarian Hot Wax, picked green and added to burgers! I raise them but rarely put much powder in meals - my family doesn't like them. I will use some japs and fish in salsa this year, but not a huge amount.

Mike

I think you're the one exception her on the hot pepper forum Mike:)
I use various powders, salsas, and sauces on just about everything. Home-made chipotle mayo is one of my favorites on chicken sandwiches and many other things

pileiton said:
A hot sauce and regular mustard combo is also tasty with fries.

Totally agree. I love that.

I make my own hab mustards from mustard seed or powder and also garlic pesto with peppers blended in. I'm looking forward to a bhut pesto this year. There isn't a condiment I use that isn't spiced up. hot mustard is just too good.

Hot sauce on-most everything- including my favorites...mac & cheese, tomato soup, cottage cheese, all pastas
hot chile sesame oil in Top Ramen or noodle soups ( LOVE the sesame oil and the spicy)
I even make my own salad dressing with vinegar-oil-spices-garlic-fatalli powder

Silver_Surfer said:
Well, let's see. I haven't tried adding heat to cake yet.

roflmao....I have...well, if you can lump peach cobbler in with cake...a little heat in the peach cobbler goes really well with the clove...

chiles with chocolate has been around forever. And I would imagine some habanero or fatalii in peach cobbler/pie would be delicious. Our peach tree is loaded this year. I'll let you know how it tastes in...oh, maybe 3 months! lol~

AlabamaJack said:
roflmao....I have...well, if you can lump peach cobbler in with cake...a little heat in the peach cobbler goes really well with the clove...

Yep, goes nice in pie, especially blackberry cobbler and made some Fatalii pineapple preserves that goes well atop ice cream. Just haven't used it in or on cake yet. :lol:

Salsalady, you're absoutely right about chile oil. Toasted seasme oil has the most wonderful flavor. Can't wait to make chile oil with the chiles I grow. Chile oil, soy and rice vinegar on Pot Stikckers (UM, UM Good)

Ballzworth said:
Totally agree. I love that.

I make my own hab mustards from mustard seed or powder and also garlic pesto with peppers blended in. I'm looking forward to a bhut pesto this year. There isn't a condiment I use that isn't spiced up. hot mustard is just too good.

Have you ever tried to make the same thing using Mustard oil?
Taste of Thai and Bhut is simply out of this world !!
I make my pickles using Mustard oil.

This year, it reminds me that I must make my Bhut pickle in Mustard oil .

I put heat in cakes. I posted a spicy cake recipe here somewhere- its like a muffin, I put Aji limon powder in it, which I also put in my cookies. I think the fatalii powder would do well too- nicely balanced with nutmeg and allspice. ginger could be added.

I put hot sauce in with the store bought barbeque sauce on my burger, I usually put horseradish sauce on roast beef-oo, good on a blt, too.. I bought something claiming to be wasabi mustard. Its green enough, but a little mild.

Fatalli's added to chocolate syrup is really good on peach ice cream. As far as the family try adding a
little cayenne to the seasoning, then gradually increase the heat as they grow accustomed to it.

Chocolate Coyote ice cream is the best there is. Chocolate ice cream with cayenne pepper mixed in. Tastes cold and hot at the same time, it is just awesome.

I'm like a lot of people on here and pretty much spice up everything. Not always adding the flavors just the nice level of heat. I've made a chili vodka cupcake that was unreal.

I'll use sauces, flakes, powder or pods on or in near enough everything I eat, Potawie mentioned chipotle mayo and I've gotta say this stuff rocks great on a sandwich/burger or used as a dip

Back