• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review What do you want to see reviewed?

Here is your chance to have some say in what you see in the review section. Tell us what you want to see and chances are either LGHT or I will have it. If not, we can get it. So, what do you want to see?

JayT, Saw this post and decided to request. Sometime back I mentioned a Race City sauce (Bushido Sting bought at ZestFest)in a recommended comment to somone. You had mentioned another sauce by them, a "99 Octane" I think. I am interested in purchasing some more of their sauces. If you could write up something of theirs it would be great. The Bushido Sting, a Trinidad Scorpion sauce is great as an asian style sauce. I would like to know more about what else they have other than just looking over their website. I also tasted their Absinthe sauce @ZestFest which left me undecided as to whether or not I liked it.

Thanks Mike

Yes I have a bottle of the bushido sting as well and like it. I don't remember shat the absinthe sauce tasted like, but they had plenty if good stuff.

Chad of Race City is a friend of mine and I have a number of his sauces. I do not have the Asian one, but I am sure he will send it to me if you guys want to see it. Let me get to work on it. In the meantime, I will try to get another one of his sauces reviewed.

I would like to see your review and scores on Tabasco and the different Tabasco flavors. Maybe some Frank's on wings as well.

JayT reviewed that item earlier this year I think. I found it by basic forum search "race city".

Here is a link to their website;

http://www.racecitysauceworks.com/index.html

Robbie, I have had that one, let me see if I can find it again. THP, Frank's makes a good wing base. I doctored it up for years until I discovered Defcon. Tabasco... um, well... I guess it has its place, but I am not a fan.

Robbie, I have had that one, let me see if I can find it again. THP, Frank's makes a good wing base. I doctored it up for years until I discovered Defcon. Tabasco... um, well... I guess it has its place, but I am not a fan.
Understood, just saying for a baseline effect, and out of curiosity, how about some supermarket sauces will all know. Just an idea.

Check out Grill Master Chuck. He makes a variety of sauces I know you will like. If you tell him you're doing reviews he may send a few.

THP, I would have no problem contacting him, but if you know him maybe you might want to do that. Let me know. The sauces sound great.

I would really like to see Kneppers Peppers new yellow 7 pot sauce reviewed. I have a bottle and really love it. I'm not as good with words and descriptions as a lot of you are, but I think that this stuff deserves some credit.

Wolfhound, that is a done deal. I will be seeing Brian for a little swap at the chile pepper festival at Bowers in another week.

CaJohns Trinidad Scorpion Puree...

Jay,

I just picked up a bunch of sauces myself and may review some of them for the Hot Zone Online. I say may because I am perpetually months behind in my reviewing. That said, you may want to get some sauces from:

Benito's Hot Sauce (www.benitoshotsauce.com)

and

Big Daddy's Hot Sauce (www.bigdaddysassburn.com)

Benito's have made the ranks of a number of Top-10 lists recently, and Big Daddy's Sauces have quite a good rep as well. Can't wait to crack open what I just got!

- Joe

Back