• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense What does 1.7 kgs of various Jolokias look like?

Like this!

DSC01910.JPG

DSC01911.JPG

The above pics consist of Bhut, Bih and Choc Bhut Jolokia pods.

The reason why they are unripened are for the following reasons:

1) Stupid 100km/h winds the other day snapped the Bhut at the base of the main stem
2) I wanted to move the plants indoors into a 1.2m tent, and needed to make them smaller
3) A local Indian restaurant will buy the pods ripened or unripened

I do wish they had ripened, but winter looks to have arrived early here in Melbourne, first frost warnings overnight :(

Now, off to rescue the 7 Pot, Trinidad Scorpion and Devil's Tongue plant :)

i have had the winds too

my plants are looking a bit bare with a lot of the leaves stripped off. There are un-ripe chillis all over the place. Nothing worse than finding almost ripe 7 Pots and Bhuts floating in the pool.

Has blown my plants over a few times, snapped off branches.

Thank god most of mine were ripe so i picked them.

Bugger about all the green ones mate.

cheers

But arnote they spost be red? i thunkded dat all chilpeps (i maked new word) was sposted to be red.

I like cavemen.

Damn it, just worked on the 7 Pot and Trinidad Scorpion plants, and there's another 800 grams of unripened pods. So all up, about 2.5 kgs of unripened pods from 5 plants, not bad.

They are all in the 1.2m tent under a 600W HPS lamp now, so they should keep producing!

So, question is, what to do with all the unripened pods. Anyone in Australia want them at all? Shoot me an email if you do.

buggedcom said:
just out of interest, how and how much do you charge the restaurant?

Havent quite worked that out yet. I gave the guy 80gms of pods and he gave me $10 off a curry, but I doubt I could sell 1kg at equivalent conversions, that would be over $120 a kg!

This time round, I'll probably just make a deal with him that I'll get a free curry off him for 3 months or something, and then work out some formal pricing agreement.

Back