• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What does it for you?

Which time of the year is the most exciting for you. Is it when you're out in the garden finding the first ripe peppers. Is it harvesting up a bunch of the peppers later in the season. Is it starting the seeds and watching them pop up.

For me its the beginning when they start popping out of the ground. Counting how many new ones are up today!!!

I am in 110% agreement with both of you! Of course, this is my first year, so I have yet to experience the harvesting. But watching to see if the seeds sprout is such an awesome thing.

For Me It Has To be When They are about 1 Foot Tall and Been Prolific with the Foliage, Im Not just interested in the Fruit they Give but The Beautiful Plant.

Yeah...starting out is always best. You are fresh and ready to go and so are the seeds. The garden is freshly tilled and weeds are under control.

For me, it's plants loaded up with green pods, and waiting for the first ones to ripen.

I agree. I'd probably say my favorite time is when the seeds start to sprout, but I've got a mite problem so my sprouts always get munched. When the plant is loaded up with green pods, you know you've made it.

I agree. I'd probably say my favorite time is when the seeds start to sprout, but I've got a mite problem so my sprouts always get munched. When the plant is loaded up with green pods, you know you've made it.

Been battling a mite problem of my own so I know the feeling. Every time a plant starts to pod, I look up to the sky and thank the Big Guy.

Seeing a plant overcome adversity and produce is definitely up there too as a favourite time of the season for me!

When they begin looking like this mid summer :)

5946724867_8faf85e585.jpg

Because I know they'll be loaded down with pods like this soon :)

6211605324_ac322e6f39_b.jpg

Back