• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What does your screen name mean?

mine is a nick name ive had for 20 plus years... i skated and was sponsered by independant, friends just started calling me sicman cause all my tricks were so dope! the name stuck and its on all of my music gear,it was my tag back in the day when i was a punk kid,and everything ive ever done it just has been apart of.it also fits as ive allaways been a little morbid and twisted.

you were sponsored by Indepedent truck company? dude you are awesome! lol i used to skate back in highschool indies were my truck of choice :)

4dblnkldude is my name on every forum I belong to......4dblnkl or 4 double nickel or 455. I am into pontiac musclecars and I always bought and sold pontiac engines. My firebird has a 455 in it and the plate reads 4dblnkl. Henceforth the 4dblnkldude.

4dblnkldude is my name on every forum I belong to......4dblnkl or 4 double nickel or 455. I am into pontiac musclecars and I always bought and sold pontiac engines. My firebird has a 455 in it and the plate reads 4dblnkl. Henceforth the 4dblnkldude.

You would have loved my '68 GTO

god I miss that car. :(

This is a fascinating thread! Wish Pi or SL could link up the other ones! :)

Back in the day, when I was an herbalist, my friends and fam called me the "Witch Doctor" (I used chiles more for healing than eating back then!). They called my remedies my "juju"! Now that I've become a chilehead.....well, Chile Juju seemed appropriate! Have to admit, those little nuggets of bliss are pretty magical! ;)

Well---- something I did in my wild years that got a comment "you sure got a pair of rocks".
Don't remember the deed, something to do with a handfull of cubensis, a quarter of something smelly, and a bottle of Jack, but I remember the comment.

Then when the internet came along, and a job in a mine, "got rocks" seemed to fit again.

I put a Carvin neck on a Jackson Dinky, so would CarvinDinky work as a handle?

Nahhhh, don't want to go there.

I prefer my American Strat anyway.

I f'kn hate snails. I really really hate f'kn snails. Like you got no idea how much I hate the the slimy mail/plant eating f'kers. I posted somewhere in THP land, if I could, I would kick the f'kers with a boot set on fire and wrapped in barbed wire with bits of broken glass and rusty nails. And if the f'kers ever came back down I'd stomp them into pale pink snail mist. And then set them on fire again!!! Death To Snails.
O.k. gonna go take my meds now. I'm ok....deep breath...in...out..

Grrrrr, angry. Snails... Angry!!!! Deep breath...Grrfrrr...mmmmm, barbed wire and rusty nails and snails.

:D

When I first got into yo-yoing in 2000, it turned out that there was already a pro player with the same name as me. My name really isn't all that common either, which is weird. It was pretty amusing at first though. For a while, people confusing the both of us was rather funny, actually. But then in 2005 or 2006, we both competed in the same division at Nationals, and after the prelims, the judges didn't know which of us was which.

Juan Hubero became my way of preventing that from ever happening again.

My screen name is something I made up in college back in the late 70's (after getting out of the US Navy). There's no hidden meaning, it's just something unusual that I still think is pretty clever of me. I never dreamed that I'd actually find a use for it...LOL.

Now the avatar, that's a whole other story (not fit for public consumption)...but suffice it to say that I always have "my eye" on things...LOL

I've used this name ever since I was a med student. Indeed I am a Doc (general surgeon). And I have played guitar and bass since I was 18 (forty-something now). Even played in a couple of bands back in the day (rock). DocNrock.

BTW, to Carvin, I've always loved their stuff and always wanted to build one of their neck-thru's. Never got around to it, but built a pretty awesome (to me) collection of Warmoths, in addition to my Jacksons, Ibanezes, and Gibson. Maybe one day I still will.

When I was younger I used to be into performing case modifications to computers (putting acrylic windows in so you can see the innards, adding lights inside, etc.). I started using that as my screenname for pretty much all forums I belonged to. I've since gotten married, started working full time, and had 2 kids. So, I have 0 time for that anymore, but I've kept the name.

Oh yeah, and the number 26 was the uniform number I had in baseball from high school through college.

Back