• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What happened to August?!?

August in southeat PA is almost universally hot and humid during the day with temps
ranging from the upper 80's to the upper 90's, and still humid at night with temps in the low 70's.

I was COUNTING on this. First time in my life I was actually WANTING that stinko August weather. My plants were making so much progress in July.

Now, instead of normal August weather we have had 2 solid weeks of low humidity, temps in the upper 70's during the day and down into the upper 50's at night and no heat and humidity coming yet in the 5 day forecast

Now normally this would be my ideal weather, but since I started growing peppers my standards have changed a bit. This weather is crap!

Somebody replaced my August with a May :(

I think we got your excess heat down here in North Texas

"What happened to August?!? "

I gave it some of my acid stash that I've been storing....August kinda freaked....who knew..

: shrugs :

imaguitargod said:

I gave it some of my acid stash that I've been storing....August kinda freaked....who knew..

theres always september :)

imaguitargod said:

So you are saying August is having a bad trip?

I gave up that particular fun almost 25 years ago. Flashbacks arent supposed to show up this much later...

my august up here has been going quite well luckily. It's the months prior to this that really sucked. Although forecast is for more rain next week... at least I see a few of my tomatoes getting their first blush of pink and my cherry bomb peppers slowly turning red.

here its just starting to get warm now, in july it only got to or past the upper 70s a few times

the forcast is for it to be between 82-86 for around 10 days now :)

it still hasn't past 85 here yet this year at all though :( its supposed to soon though :P

Of course, theres NO mixups in the weather here.....We still only have 2 seasons....summer for 11 months and then 4 weeks of Autering(AUtumn-winTER-sprING)

Y'all think y'all have it bad Germany is in monsoon right now :(, We have very large Green Tomatoes, My Hot Peppers are just now producing little miniature fruits.

imaguitargod said:
Naw, September's more of a magic mushroom month.

Oh you bet yout blotter sheats they can still crop up.

Actually I revisited the mushroom about 14 years ago. It was not September.

Necrocannibal said:
Would you like my address???

Please.....:whistle:

Nope. Took me 3 yers of constant serching to find pure stuff....and I ain't giving away that precious comodity....no matter how much I like you ;)

Skyjerk said:
Can you kick some of it back up Northeast?

Trying to kick some of it up there to you...the high today so far has been 31C (88F)

You didn't see that movie on global cooling?

Weather can be a very local thingie. The UK and Germany had a pretty crappy summer as I understand it, yet over here we had a rather nice one with a few hot weeks with temps just touching 30°C.

A few weeks ago 7 miles from here there was a big flooding due to torrential rains, while we only saw an inch of rain on the same day.

Talking about mind altering substances: does anyone know if weed plants get along with peppers? Possesion up to 5 grams is legal(ish) over here, so I might give it a go next year ;)

Back