• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What in the World?!?!

HwyBill

Banned
Is this even a pepper plant?!?

Somehow, this one didn't get labeled... but I'm pretty sure I only planted pepper seeds! :shocked:

c6xyZ.jpg

Well, I am really befuddled. I only planted peppers.

I suppose it's entirely possible that someone I traded or purchased seeds from got "something else" mixed in.

It looks like it is forming tiny flowers though, so I guess there will be some more clues soon.

I thought it was a weed. LoL

Mezo.

Oh glorious... all my toil, sweat, and tears, and I'm growing weeds!!!

Maybe it is one of those rare cameleon peppers....... The ones that change thier look according to conditions!

It will be fun seeing what comes of it though!

Looks like you have some major deficiencies going on. I would pull it, wash the roots off completely and repot.

Looks like you have some major deficiencies going on. I would pull it, wash the roots off completely and repot.

Huh? You are joking right?

My sarcasm meter is what the deficiency is I think.

Ok.. in order to spare myself further humiliation and indignation...

Here is a pic of an absolute gorgeous chinense from the same crop of "weeds"

izEM6.jpg

See what the flowers look like. Always hard to tell from photos, but it could be a defective pepper. Probably not worth keeping in any case.

I hope not, but I think it's a pepper with a really bad broad mite infestation. They can really deform a young plant.

I hope not, but I think it's a pepper with a really bad broad mite infestation. They can really deform a young plant.

Eek! That would be awful!

It's not likely, though.

This plant has been in a light box with 20-30 other plants for weeks. If it was some sort of pest infestation, I'm sure it would have spread by now.

It doesn't have broad mites or any deficiencies it's just a mutant plant from seed stage. I got one looking exactly the same in hydro system, while all others around are normal. Could post a pic but no time for that right now, maybe later :)

Man, keep that "thing"! If it is a pepper producing plant, you may have the next hottest pepper in the world and not know it. Just see how it plays out!

Back