• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid What is the best crossing you come up this year?

mutant gamma ray habaneros

Hello to all,

I´m a chilli pepper entusiast, I write from Merida Yucatan, the perfect place to grow chili peppers I share these images of my variety that realises 8 years ago, is a hybrid of caribbean red and chocolate habanero, the best genotypes than I could obtain; induced to mutation with gamma rays, in a few months obtein the first fruits of this mutant variety and naga jolokia - hibrids. (excuse my spelling)

Saludos.

Yanick

Very nice Mayaflor the image look good so the pod I will have this year some of my new crosses too I use cross pollinate method simple way flower to flower it is very interesting to produce new variety make you fill good.

MAYAFLOR said:
Hello to all,

I´m a chilli pepper entusiast, I write from Merida Yucatan, the perfect place to grow chili peppers I share these images of my variety that realises 8 years ago, is a hybrid of caribbean red and chocolate habanero, the best genotypes than I could obtain; induced to mutation with gamma rays, in a few months obtein the first fruits of this mutant variety and naga jolokia - hibrids. (excuse my spelling)

Saludos.

Yanick

Very intreting indeed Saludos..gamma rays?? explain the process if you can please :)

MAYAFLOR said:
Hello to all,

Saludos.

Yanick

As it is the heat?
What name have you given him?
Do you have some seed for me?

I am still thinking what to cross with what. I'll keep you posted when I made a decision and will try to come up with plenty of seeds in order to serve everybody interested.

African Birdseye x Bulgarian Carrot = Small, hot, tasty and sadly VERY unstable (one is red, one is orange... one big, one small...).
African Birdseye x Caribbean Red (Inspired by Bent's Birdhabs) = Long, hot, glossy red and extremely hot!
African Birdseye x Anahiem = As of now, big, dark green and must be hot.
Jalapeno x Caribbean Red = Not sure it actually worked, but we'll see.

talas said:
Very intreting indeed Saludos..gamma rays?? explain the process if you can please :)

Hello; some time ago I saw in Internet a article on the mutant effects of the gamma rays in plants:

,http://www.iaea.org/programmes/nafa/d2/pb-images.html

investigating a little and being useful that Mexico is the place where your dreams become reality, contacts to a nuclear physique that gave access me to a cobalt 60 source, where bombardie plants of anturio and chili peppers to generate mutations to see that it happens, in chili peppers mainly took place an increase in the flavor and aroma exaggeratedly well-known to comparison of the plants not radiated, as much that when starting off one of these chili peppers all the room fills, also in these new plants in the internal part of the fruit appear colors yellow and green, near the placenta, these do not exist before in not radiated plants.

This peppers they are called: Mili- habanero ( Mi (my) Li (Libertad, freedom) extremely hot (more than a regular chocolate) and less than jolokia; and exaggeratedly perfumed.

MAYAFLOR said:
Hello; some time ago I saw in Internet a article on the mutant effects of the gamma rays in plants:

,http://www.iaea.org/programmes/nafa/d2/pb-images.html

investigating a little and being useful that Mexico is the place where your dreams become reality, contacts to a nuclear physique that gave access me to a cobalt 60 source, where bombardie plants of anturio and chili peppers to generate mutations to see that it happens, in chili peppers mainly took place an increase in the flavor and aroma exaggeratedly well-known to comparison of the plants not radiated, as much that when starting off one of these chili peppers all the room fills, also in these new plants in the internal part of the fruit appear colors yellow and green, near the placenta, these do not exist before in not radiated plants.

This peppers they are called: Mili- habanero ( Mi (my) Li (Libertad, freedom) extremely hot (more than a regular chocolate) and less than jolokia; and exaggeratedly perfumed.

Well all good fun...:shocked:

Back