• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

What is this?

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me identify this issue. I am worried it may be those mites that cause peppers to fall off before they get the chance to fully grow as i have had a lot of that recently but it's strange as the plant this is on has a decent amount of peppers on it. I did however have the windows etc open the other day. There are several leaves with more than that visible and some with none.

Any help would be appreciated. I do have ladybirds patroling the plant as we speak if that's any help?

IMG-0059.jpg

solid7 said:
A peat based mix.  You guys should have plenty of peat available in Scotland. (if it isn't all going into a whiskey barrel)
Don't worry about the housefly.  Keep the fan on.  You must have air circulation.
I was in Spain 2 weeks ago.  What a great place that would be to grow peppers.

Would this be the kind of stuff you mean?

https://cocoandcoir.com/product/coco-peat-5kg-blocks/?adTribesID=6709cc1e51012568d8ea710d7323546e%7Cadtribes%7C3166&utm_source=Google%20Shopping&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping%20Feed&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=3166&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuZDPg-3U4gIV4b3tCh3MpgSCEAkYCCABEgJLQPD_BwE

EDIT: Damn it says increased water retention. I guess that's no good? It does say good drainage and aeration though?

Mitchcraft said:

That's just straight coir.
To be honest, I don't know what's available in your area, but if you can get it, just about the simplest thing, is to build your own mix.
75% peat moss
25% perlite
dolomitic lime - apprx 1-2Tbsp per gallon
That's the basics.  Mix that up, add 5-10% (of the total volume) of your compost to that, and you're in business.  

The plant is looking much better today. I had been holding off giving it water and feed as the feed is a water diluted solution for about a week and a half and yesterday it's leaves although still covered in those bumps were showing me that the plant was thirsty, you know that thing the leaves do, sort look like they have no energy to hold them up etc. So i decided to give it a feed but not enough to the point that the water plate at the bottom was swimming with water and any plant that did happen to i sat and emptied the water plates for about 30mins until there was no water coming out the bottom of the pots. I have had a fan on and was keeping the doors in that room closed with the heating on to try dry them out. Today the sun is out and yeah there are still some bumps but nothing like before.

Thanks everyone especially solid7 for keeping on coming back to help and to BlackFatalli for first recognizing the problem. I wish i could pick 2 best answers as you both saw what it was.

. It's so much appreciated. Hopefully i start to get more chilli pods now as i would say between the 14 plants i have lost about 50 pods in the past month.

I just saw the stems drying out and saw them getting bigger so thought, oh more water!!! Glad i joined here for help. I will most definitely stick around :)

I am going to make a video for pod ID so you will see just how much the plant has recovered on that soon.

Thanks again to everyone who has posted.

Back