• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite What is your favorite tasting pepper?

Hey Spicegiest, what color is the Cumari you grew out? My research thus far has the Wild Brazil as yellow and cumari as red, FYI. Interested in some seed by the way!

Cumari do Para and Cumari Pollux are two different peppers, the latter is Capsicum praetermissum and yes, it's red...

wild brazil
aji yellow
aji omni-color
aji pineapple
australian lantern habanero
jamaican hot choco hab

SORRY I COULNT PIC JUST ONE!! my taste varies but WILD BRAZIL IS #1

thanks your friend Joe

Fatalii for flavor unless were talkin poppers.. then Jalapeno but of course a little cream cheese and bacon would make an ornamental awesome. I still have to taste a lot of supers though..For heat, the hotter the better

Beyond any doubt the yellow Fatalli is a flavor explosion, i almost couldn't believe the intense flavor it had the first time i tried a ripe one. I'm not talking heat but it packs that too. In my experience they were a little more disease resistant than the other Chinense varieties (bacterial spot etc).

Yellow habs have a different taste than the other habs; smoother, sweeter, less of that gnarly taste and better overall. They were smaller so maybe they were yellow bullet habs?

Otherwise i'm a big annum fan, and slowly becoming a Baccatum fan.

Does anyone know of any exceptional tasting baccatums ?

I love Baccatums, and I'm growing 4 Baccatum varieties this year: Lemon Drop (had before, one of if not my favorite pepper overall for flavor), Bishop's Crown, Aji Cito, and Aji Cristal (similar to Annuum, but with a nod to the "Aji" or Baccatum signature flavor region). The Baccatums are so different in flavor than the other families that I just love them. Will be adding (3) other Baccatums to my 2013 grow (Birgits Locoto, Aji Mixed, and Brazilian Starfish), can't wait for that!

I love Baccatums, and I'm growing 4 Baccatum varieties this year: Lemon Drop (had before, one of if not my favorite pepper overall for flavor), Bishop's Crown, Aji Cito, and Aji Cristal (similar to Annuum, but with a nod to the "Aji" or Baccatum signature flavor region. The Baccatums are so different in flavor than the other families that I just love them. Will be adding (3) other Baccatums to my 2013 grow (Birgits Locoto, Aji Mixed, and Brazilian Starfish), can't wait for that!

Ya get a big AMEN BROTHER for this one brother i love um too!!!

thanks your friend Joe

There are many versions of this, perhaps unstable, but today I like my Yellow Bhut Jolokia - got that yellow citrus thing going on and still has the bhut aroma... awesome :dance:

I've never eaten a pepper whose flavor I liked as much as the Moruga Yellow I ate the other day.

IDK So far all the hot peppers ive eaten form thai-storebought hab- green homegrown bhut are chemically and gross lol..... I hope i like the bhuts when tney ripen red and then when i grow others i am working on... I love bell peppers so I like ppepper flavor. Just not the chemical taste.

I'm new to chili and others have always mentioned citrus flavor. Couldn't understand how those that eat raw peppers would even be able to taste beyond the burn. But wow. When I bit into a yellow fatalii. Wow!! So far fatalii. Can't wait to get my hands on a jSB.

Denniz

Billy Biker made into Jelly

Chenzo in salsa

Biggie Chile in omelets

Budapest stuffed

Cherry Bomb in Salads

Bajio in tomato based sauces

Serrano slices on sandwiches

Jimmy Nardello and Goliath Jalapeno in quesadillas

Cayenne on/in anything. This is one pepper I basically grew up on and its flavor is excellent to me. I have many peppers growing in the garden this year, so this list can/will change.

I really like the taste of red brain strains, that is, until the heat knocks the wind out of me. I'm gonna have to try to make my own brain strain sauce I think

My favorite has switched recently to 7 pot Jonah. Too hot for me to eat whole. I like to eat it raw and in pieces. Had a real good one yesterday (very crunchy and good 7 pot flavor). Another good contender for a raw pod is white habs.

Funny... I wasn't a big fan of other yellow chinenses I have tasted in the past (including Yellow 7) but Fatalii and Cumari do Para blew me away. Perhaps the yellow chinense taste is growing on me?

Superhots? Bhuts/Nagas vs. Caribbeans? Definitely Bhuts/Nagas for me.

Like Jetchuka, I'm a big annuum fan! If I had never tasted an annuum, I probably wouldn't be here today!

As far as baccatums go, I haven't tried too many yet but the good old Aji Lemon is great... but nothing compared to one of my new favourites... Aji Russian Yellow! I get an awesome passionfruity taste from these. (Maybe one to get your hands on, Jetchuka? ;))

I'll have to say Cumari do Para, I wasn't able to get the Wild Brazil I had going... so I'm still not sure if these two are the same or not...

I'm in the same boat, geist. Tried growing both last season but only got Cumari do Para going. Giving Wild Brazil another shot this season and will hopefully have a chance to compare them.

Back