What is your ratio of plants your growing?

Is this a math question? Everything from bells to supers with a fair number of tweeners. The SB, Hab., Aji level of heat offer the most utility for my purposes compared to supers although I do love me some Bhuts.

35 Cayenne-types
2 Jalapenos
2 Serranos
2 Poblanos
3 Chilacas
2 Orange Habaneros
3 Big Jim
3 Chimayo
2 Corno de Toro
1 Bell

Also a wide variety of vegetables in a "square foot gardening" plot.

I have

2 datils
3 Grenada hots
3 Tabasco
1 pimento de padron
1 big Jim
4 jalapeño
3 besler cherry
1 7 pot
2 Caribbean red

I don't know the exact numbers but since you wrote plants instead of peppers... from most to least:

Okra, tomatoes, super hot peppers, medium hot, no heat, mild hot, herbs.

Then there's the "surprise me" peppers, obvious cross-breeds from last year's crop but no ripe fruit yet so I don't know how to classify them.

I have one sweet pepper variety and the rest are all hot peppers, no super-hots this year though. Mostly medium hot and a few mild hot varieties. Plus a lot of tomatoes and herbs and some eggplant.

6 Fatalii
6 magnum Habanero
6 cayenne
3 lemon drop
2 mamoth jalapeno
2 poblano
2 Trinidad perfume
2 peppermania mystery peppers

Okay, I'll give it a go.
6 superhots
8 very hot
10 hot
10 medium
10 mild
6 sweet
Its so funny I have two raised bed with 30 plants in them that is my pride and joy. Then you go to a local nursey and see something different so you pick up a couple. Then you driving home from work in an area you usually don't work in and you spot a roadside plant store and you stop in and buy a few and before you know it you got some in the front with the flowers, some in buckets on the back deck, a couple in planters in front of the shed. before you know it you got 50 plants.
In years past I usually planted between 8-12, last year I did 20, now I found this site in february and i wind up with 50. My wife is sick of my peppers, at least I only put 3 in with the flowers...lol.

Anyone growing pumpkins?

Wish I was, mate. As a little fella, I used to love nothing better than to grow* a big old pumpkin vine! Much simpler times back then though... pests were nothing but the odd snail or grasshopper.... and they were never a "problem"!

You know what? Stuff pests... I'm growing a pumpkin vine this year! :D

* 1) dig a small hole in the soil, 2) drop seed in, 3) cover with soil, 4) water. Repeat #4 every now and again.

all my peppers came from heirloom seeds, and i've got about

6 sweet antigua,
6 pepperoncinis
9 carribean red hot
9 jamacian hot chocolate

i didn't label anything this year, i figured it i just plant hot with hot and sweet with sweet it'd be good enough. so everything is approximate. i do have 30 plants total, and i put some in my flower beds too! some of my pepperoncinis have just started turning red, this is a big deal because i started them in march and they took off like mad (and the sweet antigua). but everything else is going "normal growth rate" and should be ready by to eat enf of july through august. i've also got 20+ tomato plants, among many other things (watermelon, pumpkins, cantaloupe, beans, cucs. pineapple tomatillos, sun flowers, raspberries and a peach tree, first year for fruits!)

63% superhots (naga morich, bhut jolokia, 7pot Jonah, Butch T, Yellow 7 Pot), 10% extra-hots (fatalii), 27% no-heat (bells, sweet banana)

2 super hots
13 hot/medium/mild
3 cherry type tomato
1 roma tomato
1 cherokee purple tomato
1 chocolate bell
and a variety of herbs

" The Plan " was to try to grow 3 or 4 superhot plants in containers on my deck.
After spending hours gleaning too much info. from the archives of THP, I contracted
a severe case of 'pepper addiction'.

As a consequence, I am growing 43 plants in containers;
12 superhots
5 medium / hot
24 ornamental peppers
of 3 varieties (all unknown parentage or heat)

8 very hots - as seedlings of newer interest,
potential candidates for overwintering as indoor plants.

Back