• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

water What is your water preference?

Ask someone at a local fish store how clean the tap water is, you might be fine. My tap water is nasty and full so I got a cheap RO setup. I've had no problem with Botanicare's CNS 17 and RO water. Even if I didn't use it for the plants, the RO is so much better for drinking and cooking that the liquid they call tap water around here.

Barium, Lead, Chlorine, and Uranium are all toxic, but are allowed in very small amounts in tap water as it won't hurt. However having that stuff in your water and using it to feed your plants may stunt their growth and cause other problems with the plants. For me it's convenient to just use my fish tank water, but for some it's not that easy. You can get a good water filter or at a minimum try and fill the water in a large container then aerate it or treat it with something like seachem prime to at least get rid of the chlorine.

That or invest in a nice large 300 gallon fish tank! :)

Ack, Uranium in the water! Has anyone seen the effects this causes? All the chemicals that are put into the water supplies that is supposed to 'make it drinkable' is disgusting. I wouldn't water my plants with that water and then eat the fruit from it, Yikes!!
uranium_dangersign.jpg

I'll stick to purified water for my baby plants and then rain water when their in the garden before using my chity water.

It's all about the rain water if you ask me! Custom Water butt is a cheap win situation, tap it off the gutter so it fills nice and fast! My plants have always loved it and responded well!

Back