• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

What kind of mutation is this?

this came out of a numex twilight seed...but the other numex twilight sprouts just look like hab sprouts but with a green stem...this one came out with 2 huge leaves and a purple stem

ok%20002.jpg

i'd take special care of that one, it could end up being a cool cross, you could stabilize it, and have your own pepper. or, they could've accidentally mixed up a seed. or, like you say, it could be a mutation, but i think that is the least likely possibility, but maybe not impossible. anyway, when you get some pods let us know what they are like. if it's something new and exciting, or even simply delicious and hot, then i would trade you for some seeds no doubt. peace and happy growing

Will be following this.

I have something strange growing myself.  Mine looks like a cross between an early tree sapling and a pepper. Was told its a jajapeno but not growing like I would expect. Kind of hard to describe. One thing that is strange is it is not growing symmetrically.

I had somthing like that looked similar, which I thought was a volunteer in my pepper bed this spring. I let it grow, at first it looked like a chili plant and then as time went on it looked less and less pepperish. I pulled it up. Sorta wish i would have grew it out to see what it was.

Back