• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What makes the magic happen!

G'day guys.Just thought i'd put up a photo of some of the ferts I use and what not,hopefully others will post a few of their own in the thread too.
Happy growing :)

Ferts.jpg

G'day guys.Just thought i'd put up a photo of some of the ferts I use and what not,hopefully others will post a few of their own in the thread too.
Happy growing :)

EDIT: Ok maybe I wont be posting a photo :lol: can't seem to find the attach button?I am new so maybe that has something to do with it.

You need to use photo bucket; then copy/paste the "img" address here. It's a good idea to reduce the file size to around 250kb. Cheers.

lookin good fellas.Keep em coming :)
I'm guessing it would be a good idea to bring my plants in under the 600 watta during the night?

I use the Thrive Tomato Food when the plants are mature and ready to produce, but alternate with the fish emulsions and seaweed concentrates when the plants are young. Charlie Carp/ Dynamic Lifter/ Seasol etc. I'm guesing that's what you have in the grey bottles but I can't read them.

Have you used that Tomato Magic before, I've never seen it? What do you think of it? Your plants are looking good by the way, I hope that cat guards against the possums for you....

Have you used that Tomato Magic before, I've never seen it? What do you think of it? Your plants are looking good by the way, I hope that cat guards against the possums for you....
I think the Tomato Magic is new... I only saw it myself for the first time about a month ago and thought I would give it a burl. So far it has proved itself to be very decent... my plants appear to be loving it, plus it is one of the only potting mixes I've used that has followed through on it's claim to "excellent drainage". If I had the spare dosh, I'd definitely be using it as my final potting up mix but looks like I will be using Coles Potting Mix, Coir Brick, Perlite and Dynamic Lifter combo for the next pot up.

My flatmates cat? Hahahahha.... she's too fat to be chasing possums!

The stuff in the grey bottles is called Fusion by GrowTek,all organic.I use it for a different breed of plant in the garden ;) the peppers seem to like it once they are a little older

I think the Tomato Magic is new... I only saw it myself for the first time about a month ago and thought I would give it a burl. So far it has proved itself to be very decent... my plants appear to be loving it, plus it is one of the only potting mixes I've used that has followed through on it's claim to "excellent drainage". If I had the spare dosh, I'd definitely be using it as my final potting up mix but looks like I will be using Coles Potting Mix, Coir Brick, Perlite and Dynamic Lifter combo for the next pot up.

I bought a bag of Brunnings Tomato Magic Growing Mix having learnt about it here. I plan on comparing it to Amgrow Seed Raising Mix and Organix Organic Potting Mix. I sowed three Tabasco seeds into three pots filled with the respective mixes.

The Amgrow Seed Raising Mix thus far seems to have a greater affinity for water than I expected.

This is only my second year and ferts are great, but what made a huge impact this year was the fact that I setup a worm farm last year and started with a good amount of fresh Black Gold (worm castings), in addition to adding about 10 worms to every pot. I also brew worm tea once every 2 weeks and foilar feed them and use the excess to feed the soil.

what a timely topic.
this weekend i plan on stocking up on fert and soil - even better because most of the stuff posted here is from Aus.

Gas - where's you get Brunnings Tomato Magic Growing Mix.
I plan on hitting the one stop shop Bunnings. hope its there

what a timely topic.
this weekend i plan on stocking up on fert and soil - even better because most of the stuff posted here is from Aus.

Gas - where's you get Brunnings Tomato Magic Growing Mix.
I plan on hitting the one stop shop Bunnings. hope its there

When I hunted down the Brunnings Tomato Magic Growing Mix I ended up on the Mitre 10 web site. I found a Mitre 10 store that carried it via the View the catalogue, see if your store is participating JS link against the listing. The local Bunnings store didn't have it.

Back