• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What on God's green Earth is this S.O.B

20130905_232848_20130905233508433_zps6b9dba60.jpg

20130905_232607_20130905233623610_zpsbdedbf0b.jpg

Not sure what evil looking bug this is but found like 6 on my Jamaican Hab plant

Better kill them off. Had them and their babies wreak havoc on my wife's tomato plants this year. Nearly killed 2 plants, and destroyed quite a few tomatoes as well before I could get them under control. 

Hmm well some conflicting opinions here....better be safe. I left them last night but by golly if they're there tonight......I'm going to war with the scissors and possibly a small flamethrower

Leaf Footed Stink Bug.  I deal with them every year. A major PITA, no known control that I know of that is cleared for food. I've spent a lot of time hand picking them into jars and freezing them. It's an easy way of killing them. Also,their nymph stage is similar to that of an Assassin bug, so look closely. Ususally though, the stink bug nymphs are in a great number.

Yea they are all over my in ground plants, but hardly at all on the container plants 10' away. I've been going to town on them with a combination of scissors and the long grill-type lighter. And yea I've seen the juveniles on the ground under the plants and they meet the bottom of my flip-flops.

On a side note though, I read on some University pdf paper that they apparently hate vinegar and/or hothouse. Forgot the measurements but basically mix either of them with water and start spraying like a crazy person.

Back