• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat What pepper is the hottest....to YOU??

chocolate trinidad for me. now the hottest I can tolerate is a Red Savina. Anything hotter is just enjoyable to me. I like the superhots in salsa's and sauces but not raw by themselves.

I added to fresh choc trinidads and 2 butch t's to 24 habs in my salsa tonight as an experiment. boy does this salsa have a kick. there is no way I would want to go any hotter than this for a salsa.

My 2 reaper plants are just starting to get a few flowers on them. I will give the smallest pepper on the plants a try just to say I did it lol. I'm not really looking forward to that day.

texas blues said:
The hottest 'thang I ever ate hands down is a tablespoon of AJ's trinidad scorpion puree and the hottest chile I ever

ate is the chile it was made with.

Like having your tongue tied to the bumper of a truck and being dragged down a road paved with flaming broken glass.

I also had AJ's scorpian puree - you could feel that stuff making its way down to your stomach.  I got a friend to try it and he threw up within a minute - almost felt bad :P haha.  I grew some Butch T's but they were no match.

I got shaky hands, goosebumps and chills for an hour from sepia serpants eaten plain sliced though.  Reaper powder is definitely hot but I'd have to try a fresh pod or puree - just doesn't seem like the hottest to me.

I'd rather take the 7 pot throat burn than the tip of the tongue type burn of a naga morich.  That I can't handle.

Beerswimmer said:
We all know about SHU's, ratings, blah blah.  But some peppers just affect us differently, I think we can all agree on that. And we all probably have one that just gets us. Maybe one that isn't supposed to be as hot as is. The combo of chemicals in a particular strain of pepper is just right to destroy your pain receptors in a very special way. So what is the hottest pepper to you, one that you have eaten several times? 

For my nervous system, it's the 7-pot Savannah. Hands(my hands went numb once!) down, the absolute worst pain from a pepper I have ever had. I have had Brainstrains, Primos's, smileyguy's crazy hot cross and the Savannah is in a different class. They put me on the floor in a pain trip to outerspace. Seriously high as a kite with pain. It's almost not even a food, but a wicked experience. 

I can't wait to harvest my own this year :rofl:  I have about 4 plants, just for kicks!

So what gets YOU??
I've never had a Savannah, have you seeds, I've got tons of seeds for trade, I'm sure I have something you might like!
This sounds like a Chile I must try!

I enjoy the lower portion of a 7 pot Douglah(minus the seeds) in food, as its flavor and smell is quite pronounced. Its bearable heat wise, the same with many other hots and supers I have tried. The hottest in terms of pain for me is the original version of the Bhut Jolokia. I was given a plant that was truly much hotter or at least caused much more pain than anything else I tried, including its cousin the Naga Morich. The Morich had pretty high heat, but it would hit you hard and come on strong for the first few minutes, then become a bit more bearable for the next ten minutes before the heat dissipated. This Bhut is just painful, and the flavor is not as strong or nice as its cousin. Its very prickly and searing. It is however the go to pepper when you have family member or a friend over who boasts about how they can take any pepper or pepper sauce and no one can handle it hotter than them :rolleyes: . Or its just a bit of friendly competition. That is when I break out one of these peppers, and make sure to warn them, which of course just makes them talk even more. They of course says they can tolerate anything, and so you once again warn them before you go ahead and grab the popcorn and a chair to relax and enjoy the show. After they gets their asses kicked, you then hand them a towel to dry their faces, tears from their eyes and other places where they was beaten and bruised by your little fighter, all the meanwhile laughi..um, I mean comforting them. Really great pepper for this :lol:
It should be noted I believe there is a difference between heat and pain, and it is possible to have a pepper with high heat, but causes less pain than a pepper with lower heat levels. Kind of what others mentioned here.

I've had some amazingly hot pods, barackapore, primo, douglahs, morugas, Butch Ts and many other superhots crosses, its funny the amount of variance in heat in some of the superhots, but I think that the hottest one I've ever tasted was a douglah x moruga it was like pouring battery acid in my mouth, amazingly enough it actually tasted really good for about a minute and a half, then my entire mouth and throat burst into flames! I haven't tasted a reaper yet, so I can't compare it, but if its hotter than that pod was, I might be afraid! ;)

Last night I had a yellow scotch bonnet followed shortly after by a orange scotch bonnet then 15 minutes later a Red Savina. The RS was noticeably hotter.

texas blues said:
The hottest 'thang I ever ate hands down is a tablespoon of AJ's trinidad scorpion puree and the hottest chile I ever

ate is the chile it was made with.

Like having your tongue tied to the bumper of a truck and being dragged down a road paved with flaming broken glass.

Hey TB...long time man....would you believe I still have a couple of jars from that batch left....I have one in the refrigerator that is going on 4 years old...

Bofu said:

I also had AJ's scorpian puree - you could feel that stuff making its way down to your stomach.  I got a friend to try it and he threw up within a minute - almost felt bad :P haha.  I grew some Butch T's but they were no match.

I got shaky hands, goosebumps and chills for an hour from sepia serpants eaten plain sliced though.  

I feel bad for your friend too...

My reapers n primos aren't ripe yet but so far the hottest I have had is my brainstrains and Jonahs. Bhuts don't even come close brown or any other color.

Trinidad Scorpions i got through the post last year. Pure nasty things, limited taste but instant extreme and long lasting burn. Can't really say they are hotter then a Moruga, or similar, but the pain is worse.

Primos....they hurt so so bad, no matter when I eat them, they just make me cry. I honestly think they are in many cases hotter than the reaper, or otter peppers up there on the SHU scale. 

Back