• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What peppers would you grow?

wordwiz said:
I like Fish but alas, no seeds left. I do have Largo Purple and Royal Black. No Bishops Crown either.

Mike

I saved some but they were not isolated and mixed up w/ some Santa Fe Grande. They're yours if you would be willing to gamble. I think the Fish seedlings would be obvious.

Black Purple looks awesome.

I'm surprised no one has suggested Aji Limon,nice heat and flavor.A beautiful yellow color.Not sure about them being ripe in time for you,but they do great in GA.

ZanderSpice said:
I saved some but they were not isolated and mixed up w/ some Santa Fe Grande. They're yours if you would be willing to gamble. I think the Fish seedlings would be obvious.

Black Purple looks awesome.

Zander,

Thanks, but Jackie has said she will send some.

Of course, everything depends on seeds germinating and then growing and surviving transplantation, but it looks like I will have Jalapeno, Habenero, Fish, Royal Black, Long Cayenne (or Mesilla)7-pod, bell, banana, and tepin.

You know, this might be a good chance to show people lots of varieties, not just peppers, but peas, beans, basil, tomatoes and other stuff. (suggestions welcome!) This is the fair which is run by the Hamilton County Agricultural Society, so it ought to educate people about growing food!

Mike

Trinidad scorpion, bhut jolokia and fatali if you like the heat
if not, cayenne, thai and serrano
for show, black pearl, explosive ember, bolivian rainbow

if you live in the north don't plant tepin tabasco or pequin

For show I would suggest the Peter Pepper (for obvious reasons and it's a great conversation piece). It comes in yellow, red, and orange and is a mid season pepper; Aurora because it has multiple colors of peppers at the same time and it too is a mid season pepper; or Devil's Tongue because it is shaped like a tongue and comes in yellow or red.

Red Thai
Black Pearl
Red Devil's Tongue.

but you have no interest in taking them home
I'd have to hook up with that sexy pair of chocolate hab twins hanging out by the bar and take them both home.
:hell:

Back