• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

what the #%$@! ever seen this before?

got 1 of my 12 seeds "sprouting" if you call it that, haha, the root has gotten a good hold in the soil, but has lifted the seed completely out of the soil into the air, there is no stem yet, just a seed on the end of a root growing into the soil

I tried gently lifting it out, but the root must be down in there pretty good, so, I'm gonna leave it alone and see what happens, it's pretty funny

I'd post pics, but apparently
You may not post attachments
, and when I hit the "insert image" button it wants me to type in a URL....

Hey dude have you got your picture hosted at the likes of flickr or photobucket? I would love to see this!

no, but when I get back from the grocery store, I'm gonna look into that for you, b/c I gotta share these pics w/ someone

Yep, I've seen that before. I've had it happen and a few members here have posted pics about it. Too bad I can't seem to find them right now. Sometimes they fall off by themselves and sometimes you have to intervene.

Yes you do have to join a host site to post pictures here. I usually have my pics hosted at Photobucket and then paste the link here at THP. It's pretty simple really, but if you need help, just holler.

Neil

here is is, part of the root/stem whatever it is just turned green within the past 6 hours, it's slightly blurry, but you can clearly see the seed up on top, haha
3430245595_45604ff850.jpg

3431057260_fd6724ee53.jpg

3430244733_1c574b4258.jpg

This is actually quite common. Most of us here have gotten the occasional "seed hat". Just do a search and you'll find a few older threads on how to remove it.

hotenuff4u said:
here is is, part of the root/stem whatever it is just turned green within the past 6 hours, it's slightly blurry, but you can clearly see the seed up on top, haha
3430245595_45604ff850.jpg

3431057260_fd6724ee53.jpg

3430244733_1c574b4258.jpg

blurred! (2 X six packS later) looks fine to me...hey if you close one eye you can view it in 3D

Back