• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What to do with extra pepper plants?

Once my starts started taking off, I quickly realized that I couldn't keep em all, so I started giving em away as a few have already mentioned and I still have extras. I'm thinking I may use those as "experients". Leaving them in smaller than usual pots to see whether they'll produce anything and/or planting them in areas around my property that I don't think would work for peppers. Things like that. Better than tossing em IMO.

Ever discover anything surprising?

So, being my first year growing super hots, every time i saw a super hot seed germinate, i would put it in a tray, they grew well, and then i moved them to cups. Now they are growing all nice and well but i have extras! I'm not sure what i should do with these extra pepper plants? Any ideas? I have extra bhuts, naga morichs, habs, scorps ...

If I were in Houston anytime soon, I'd take one of those scorps off your hands. Mine all died.

Gonna be in Austin or San Marcos anytime soon? I can give you free laps on a racetrack and come cash. :)

Ever discover anything surprising?

Hi Eephus. Haven't tried yet. This is the first time I've had this problem. I usually never grow more than 3 or so plants. I more than quadrupled that this year. Caught the bug, what can I say. :). But if my Uncle (as of yesterday) doesn't swing by and pic em up, experiment I shall.

Hi Eephus. Haven't tried yet. This is the first time I've had this problem. I usually never grow more than 3 or so plants. I more than quadrupled that this year. Caught the bug, what can I say. :). But if my Uncle (as of yesterday) doesn't swing by and pic em up, experiment I shall.

lol. Well if you do, let us know. I sometimes do the same things. Have definitely found a few varieties that produce fairly well in small pots. In the shade...not so much. :)

I always grow way more plants that I can both grow or even give away and find that I need the dirt more than the weakest plants at plant out so knock the soil off the roots and in to the compost pile.

lol. Well if you do, let us know. I sometimes do the same things. Have definitely found a few varieties that produce fairly well in small pots. In the shade...not so much. :)

Will do Man. My uncle is a pepper head too, but he live's about 3 hours away, so I'd say there's an half and half chance that I will have extras.

So, being my first year growing super hots, every time i saw a super hot seed germinate, i would put it in a tray, they grew well, and then i moved them to cups. Now they are growing all nice and well but i have extras! I'm not sure what i should do with these extra pepper plants? Any ideas? I have extra bhuts, naga morichs, habs, scorps ...

As others have said, SPREAD THE WEALTH!

Back