• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What's a good pepper plant to display?

My office has a nice front window, one that gets a lot of morning to late afternoon direct sunlight. Obviously, the office is air conditioned, but the sunlight is fairly strong.

I was thinking of a Limon. I may have to trim the branches back a bit or rearrange the furniture, but it looks to be a prolific producer, nice yellow peppers. I would also like one like a Filus Blue but don't know if it will get too bushy.

Of course, at some point, I will probably have to display a Bhut, just so people have a reason to see it.

I also have a great light to use to highlight the plant at nighttime - an LED spotlight. That ought to give the plant an eerie look!

Any other suggestions on what plants to show? The ones I am growing are:

Trinidad Scorpion
Seven Pot
Trinidad Long Yellow Congo
Thai Dragon
Sante Fe
NuMex
Habenero
White Hab
Inferno
Black Hungarian
Passilla Bajio
Hungarian Wax
Yellow Mushroom
Filus Blue
Largo Purple
Holy Mole
Red Chili
Poinsettia
Chilly Chili
Royal Black
Golden Greek Pepperonchi
Bolivian Rainbow
Bulgarian Carrot
Fatali
Scotch Bonnet
Chinese Five Color
Anaheim
Variegata (Trifetti)
Cayenne Long Thin
Black Pearl
Marble
Jalapeno
Cumari Ou Passarinho
Datil
Limon
Congo Trinidad
Trinidad Large Yellow Congo
Bhut Jolokia
Red Savina
Guntur Hope
Malaga Bird
Zimbawe Bird
Fish

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike..

Bolivian Rainbow be excellent as in a pot would be compact and a rainbow of colours perfect, the Black Pearl is outstanding, but people keep wanting to touch it as it looks glossy and fake, i lent a shop a Bih Jolokia(bhut similar) in full fruiting mode they had it under lights in front window, but had more enquiries bout the amazing plant than their stock.. Fatali's look coool too and hold themselfs up well..

very very nice selection you have to Mike..

cheers
neil.

Royal black is very ornamental and tastey, Bolivian rainbow are nice too but I think there are both purple and white flowered varieties. I love the chinese 5 color the most but not for the taste.

I vote for either bolivian rainbow:

nicepepper5.jpg

or black cluster:

IMG_0934.jpg

Call me weird, but I'd go with the Red Savina. you'll need to trim it every and then, but I just love the hab look, and red is a very nice color. :P

hi,
at office i have colorati babbo(like numex twilight), black pearl, black namaquland in a pot; black cluster, filius blue and black cuban in another...

dark varieties and colours...

I also like the purple colors and vote for what everyone else did, althought I am kinda fond of my purple tigers...the varigation in the leaves is simply awesome....

060808c001.jpg

I'll go with the majority and one of them will be the Bolivian Rainbow. The other will probably be the Aji Limon.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Mike

Omri said:
Call me weird, but I'd go with the Red Savina. you'll need to trim it every and then, but I just love the hab look, and red is a very nice color. :P

Agree, Savinas are great looking plants!!

Well, the Aji Limon and Bolivian Rainbow both have a new home for the next few weeks or months. They are on proud display at 218 W. Benson St. in Reading, OH. The guy I rent the building from loves them - he was already admiring the blooms and a couple of pods on the Rainbow and amazed at the number of suckers (new shoots) and buds on the limon.

I need to get a spotlight on them during the evening/night and I'm thinking about a red/blue LED light. That ought to make them look a bit different!

Mike

Mike, a red/blue LED would be freaky at night...

i think you can use something like a wood's light (a blue-violet neon light) but i don't know if peppers like it ...

by the way, i think is not a good idea light plants all night long because they need some dark time

Back