• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Whats for Xmas dinner?

I wanted to smoke a turkey but my wife kicked out that idea but I'm making one for New Years Day. For Christmas she is making a vegetarian lasagna and a meat lasagna and honey baked ham. I'm also making some jambalaya.  :)

Christmas Eve- snacks and appetizers....like BBQ pork with mustard an massive sesame seeds, shrimp with homemade cocktail sauce, 'peno poppers, prolly one or 2 more.... I could eat a whole bagette with a primo olive oil and top shelf balsamic and minced garlic just by myself, but the other guys aren't so into all that.  :lol:  We'll see what inspirations come between now and then~

Christmas day.....6 bone Prime Rib (for 3 people!  :woot:) roasted potatoes and some kind of veggie...(not green bean casserole!)

I believe in going to try out the pizza kettle Christmas morning. I was going to smoke a ham, but I'd rather give the pizza a shot.

For New Years though, I think I'm going to whip up a fatty. Not sure what all I'm going to put in it yet though.

Back