• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What's happening to my pepper plants ?

What's happening to my plants ?
p1030473s.jpg

p1030472s.jpg

p1030471s.jpg

Same thing is happening to one of my lemon plants and one of my tomato plants.

I think its because of the heat+humidity and abit of overwatering.
Cut back and repot? You can follow AjarnV's cut back and repot method.

Same thing is happening to one of my lemon plants and one of my tomato plants.

I think its because of the heat+humidity and abit of overwatering.
Cut back and repot? You can follow AjarnV's cut back and repot method.

cut back watering or ferts ? hmmm ok .. i think i will dump both of the smaller plants and try to report my habanero.
monsoon coming soon...... rain rain rain.. have to move my sensitive plants to a slightly covered area,so that they get less rain.

I had weird looking leaves on many of the peppers in my garden this year, though strangely it didn't affect any of my potted ones. I just assumed it was probably too much nitrogen or something. Other than having some weird, deformed, wrinkly, just strange-looking leaves throughout the growing season, the majority of the plants did produce peppers alright. It seemed that as time went by, newer and more "normal" leaves started growing. Though some still produced strange looking leaves into late summer/fall.

As far as the leaves falling off (I assume that is what happened)... can't say that I noticed that. Maybe I didn't give them time to fall off naturally, because I was fighting bacterial spot all freakin' spring and summer long, and took off many of the leaves myself to prevent further spread. Either way, some of my plants did resemble those.

I had weird looking leaves on many of the peppers in my garden this year, though strangely it didn't affect any of my potted ones. I just assumed it was probably too much nitrogen or something. Other than having some weird, deformed, wrinkly, just strange-looking leaves throughout the growing season, the majority of the plants did produce peppers alright. It seemed that as time went by, newer and more "normal" leaves started growing. Though some still produced strange looking leaves into late summer/fall.

As far as the leaves falling off (I assume that is what happened)... can't say that I noticed that. Maybe I didn't give them time to fall off naturally, because I was fighting bacterial spot all freakin' spring and summer long, and took off many of the leaves myself to prevent further spread. Either way, some of my plants did resemble those.
maybe i should just leave it as it is and see what happens......

I think it's either overwatering or fertilizer burn. Not sure.

well i just added bone meal just a few days ago. its the first time i am using for this plant.(habanero.)
fish emulsion too i think. i added it to my rain water collection and water the plants.

They look like almost all mine in small pots, What I've done so far is put them in a 8 inch or bigger take them out of full sun and under 70% sheald of sun and used Coconut dirt as it does not heat up much and breaths great. All are coming back fast. I had the same trouble last year, never got fixed till maybe now as did not think about putting in bigger pots as then very easy to over water (that kill'em faster) but with Coconut husks breathing good less worries. This is just some thing I'm just starting to try,,, but in the sun and small pots all my Habs looked like your pixs and the others if in very small pots full sun 1/2 day... Under shade only getting 30% of the sun any there not moved are looking great. I sorry but I've tryed many fixs I've heard here and none really did the job. Yes it saved the plants but they grow slow and not healthy after, so tryed something else same thing... To repot in huge pot seemed the dumbest thing as thinking theyed die. Still only really been 3 days since trying this on all the chilies and other plants but seeing an inprovement in all,, and ones done 2 weeks ago looking great even though put in full sun till understand it was other trouble... Now under shade things starting to look like a great chilies growers chilies... LOL,, But man I've wasted months of time & work as now things are growing 2 or 3 times faster...... NOW I can beleve I can get Jalapenos in 70 days. Plus can see them getting 2 feet in that time.

I'd and others growing in end less heat, Sun, and rainning season should try and learn as many tricks as we can to get as nice of plants as we can.

Could be pest problems too. You should also pull one plant out of its pot and check the color of the roots to make sure they are white and healthy.

They look like almost all mine in small pots, What I've done so far is put them in a 8 inch or bigger take them out of full sun and under 70% sheald of sun and used Coconut dirt as it does not heat up much and breaths great. All are coming back fast. I had the same trouble last year, never got fixed till maybe now as did not think about putting in bigger pots as then very easy to over water (that kill'em faster) but with Coconut husks breathing good less worries. This is just some thing I'm just starting to try,,, but in the sun and small pots all my Habs looked like your pixs and the others if in very small pots full sun 1/2 day... Under shade only getting 30% of the sun any there not moved are looking great. I sorry but I've tryed many fixs I've heard here and none really did the job. Yes it saved the plants but they grow slow and not healthy after, so tryed something else same thing... To repot in huge pot seemed the dumbest thing as thinking theyed die. Still only really been 3 days since trying this on all the chilies and other plants but seeing an inprovement in all,, and ones done 2 weeks ago looking great even though put in full sun till understand it was other trouble... Now under shade things starting to look like a great chilies growers chilies... LOL,, But man I've wasted months of time & work as now things are growing 2 or 3 times faster...... NOW I can beleve I can get Jalapenos in 70 days. Plus can see them getting 2 feet in that time.

I'd and others growing in end less heat, Sun, and rainning season should try and learn as many tricks as we can to get as nice of plants as we can.
thanks for your tips .. Exavier

Could be pest problems too. You should also pull one plant out of its pot and check the color of the roots to make sure they are white and healthy.
i did pull out the plants for one pot and found the root look rotted brown and the thick roots became hollow and soft. i found also inside the pot was like a mud paste. its not draining properly!. so i dig up the soil and try to dry it but its raining everyday..! need to repot with soil mix with sand for drainage.

srin2

What is your weather like. It says you are in Maylasia.

I need some clues to growing conditions to help.
i am in the equator.. we get lots of rain and shine , at times very hot... AND AT TIMES RAIN FOR A FEW DAYS!
currently its rain almost everyday just before that was a week of very hot spell..

now my habanero plant has lost almost all its leaves except one small leave at the bottom which is curled up.
it looks like there are plenty of shoots on the plant but the colour of the shoots are dark in colour.

i hope the plant revives back.. i repotted it .

I also did some repotting last weekend. I hope that can save my plant from having cold feet with the rains that we are experiencing now.

Back