• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

greenhouse What's the best inexpencive greenhouse

I am thinking about getting a small greenhouse the one attached is around $1500 at Costco. Does anyone know the best place to get a greenhouse? Is this one any good?

My link

If you have a Harbor Freight and Tools, they sell an inexpensive greenhouse. I haven't looked recently, but think they had an 8' X 10' for around $900. I don't know if it is any good though.

SO not a good deal on the costco greenhouse as it looks to not have any sort of vents to control it from over heating or for general fresh air flow. I am getting ready to put up a 10 x 32 on up when finished will cost about that much for example. If you are not handy with tools or building then it would cost a bit more. I have seen others take the 200.00 carports ( ruffly 10 x 20) sold at Costco maybe more then that now but close then go to Home depot and buy greenhouse fiberglass 32 inch x 12 feet at less then 20.00 a sheet and attach them instead of the cover the carport comes with plywood ends on it with a storm door (97.00 for a cheap one) and a vent window on each end( 32.00 each at harbor freight) they have gas shocks that open them when the temp gets above 75-80 degrees. All this for less then the 6 x 10 greenhouse they sell and almost 4 times as big. Now you can take this and buy higher end greenhouse goodies to build it and make it real sweet for growing but I was just giving you a comparable price range option.

In looking where you are located you def need to look at adding a fan and the vents for air flow to keep the temps from burning your plants and most likely a shade cloth for the summer months.

This is what I used from April til about July..
http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&cId=SEARCH&productId=3191829&cm_mmc=SCE_gps-_-gps-_-gps-_-SPRING%20GARDENER%207H%20x%206W%20x%208L%20Gable%20Greenhouse%20IS%2070608
Once the weather was suitable I took them out. We have wayyyy to much rain in our area which is why I bought a few.. They were 199.99ea when I bought a couple of em.( I have 3 now) it has 4 roll up windows, 2 zip up doors, so basically you can ventilate it in many ways. I staked it to the ground on all six legs incase of a storm. I think it's a great value and it worked great for me. I will tell you once the temps started rising it was a daily chore to make sure the temps didnt exceed 90 degrees. I saw them hit a 100+ too many times.. My plants look great though. And by the looks of the weather here I'll be putting them back in ina couple weeks for a month before bringing them inside. I wouldn't recommend a greenhouse all season.. They get wayyy too hot and it's impossible to keep em cool after 80 degrees or anything near.. but for the first bit of spring and the last bit of fall.. It sure helps, and extends your season.
hope this helps
Good Luck!
Brandon

Have 2 of these http://www.walmart.com/ip/King-Canopy-10-x-10-Greenhouse/2216329

I take the covering off every summer and replace it in late fall. If you leave it on year round the plastic lasts 2-3year. Does not retain heat but keeps everything dry.

In the process of assembling a GH that was given to me, 8x10 with climate controls. Planning a small raised bed on one side and benches/shelves on the other.
6159141874_3da14ced36.jpg

if you want cheap, a hoophouse is the cheapest and you can take it down after your last frost of the spring...

plans here...post 95 and on...

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/19442-ajs-2011-season-start/page__st__80__p__416974__hl__hoophouse__fromsearch__1#entry416974

Our 12x10 greenhouse is the Harbor Freight with added bracing. You can get a good look at it in our promo video (about half way through the video). It gives you an idea of construction, foundation etc. If you catch it on sale, you can pick it up around $750 + shipping. For another couple hundred bucks you can add the extra bracing yourself.

Thanks AJ for the plans. I am trying to figure it all out. Do you have any pic's of it completed? How do you attach the covering? How did you close up the two ends? Sorry for all the questions but now you have me thinking...

Thanks AJ for the plans. I am trying to figure it all out. Do you have any pic's of it completed? How do you attach the covering? How did you close up the two ends? Sorry for all the questions but now you have me thinking...

read the rest of the thread...

Back