• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Whats the best time to Plant

Hi all i dont know much about growing chilli's or the best time to plant i did how ever have a try at it in the middle of winter so far i have a few seedlings up any tips on soil what to use and fertilizers to use would be of great help

You're in Brisbane right? You can just about grow all year round so just plant them whenever you please. I've just been sowing seeds in the best commercial brand propagating soil I can find at Bunnings and potting up to the best commercial brand potting soil. This works for me but I'm sure someone will come along with a better solution. While the plants are growing I just use some liquid Dynamic Lifter once a fortnight and swap to Thrive Tomato Food liquid fertilizer when they're big enough to start fruiting. Again, there will be much better products you can use but I prefer to not baby the plants too much and let nature sort them out. I probably sacrifice some pods by doing this but hey, just grow more plants.

Back