• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat What's the hottest thing you're growing this year?

Normally i wont grow anything that hot other than just to say i did it. More or less they are just a novelty to me. They do come in handy when you got a guy that asks for a REALLY hot sauce. I figure 1-2 ghost pods would crank up a quart of hab sauce.

Im more of a ripe jalapeno hot sauce fan with a little extra heat tossed in. A little hab or bonnets tossed in a curry is pretty nice too. I love the aroma they give a curry. One of my favorite masalas is super mild so its works great.

$2 for a nice looking ghost seedling was a bargain if it grows true. I cant find any reviews of BloomIQ ghosts but i have grown their orange hab before. They were crazy hot for a orange hab and the plant was excellent.

This year I went with low heat for pickling.

I did put up a couple BBG7 RED and BBG7 WHITE F2. Really excited to see these pod up.

Not sure on the heat levels of Tristans F6 purple and whites but very excited to see those pod up and taste as well.

Masher said:
This year I went with low heat for pickling.

I did put up a couple BBG7 RED and BBG7 WHITE F2. Really excited to see these pod up.

Not sure on the heat levels of Tristans F6 purple and whites but very excited to see those pod up and taste as well.
I grow a Red BBG7 every year. One of my favorites to grow. I recently saw the pics of the White version. I don't know who's pic it was but they were bright white. Looked amazingly. I hope yours turn out great!

I've grown the Dorset Naga in the past. Hot as heck and very prolific! Red Brains this year as usual but I dry them and use them sparingly all winter as anyone who eats a whole one fresh is insane or has no tastebuds left! LOL

spicefreak said:
Bhutlahs I've had have been pretty fierce but I've not had the seed to grow them. The Jigsaws that I am growing a pretty mental too, though.

Update on this: My previous Bhutlah supplier has sent me seeds and told me that their stock of the strain comes from Pepperlover.

Super excited to grow my own death.

I don't even know the SHU of many of the peppers I grow. I grow mainly for flavour, looks and variety, not for spiciness. I mean I obviously love the spice, I just don't think it's a pepper's most important quality.

I think the spiciest is the Bahamian Goat though (100k - 350k range?), but don't quote me on that.

Carolina Reaper
7 Pot Jigsaw
7 Pot Infinity
7 Pot Brainstrain
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate

I won't mention anything bellow 1M SHU.

Hopefully, I will get some fruits.

spicefreak said:
Are you able to say anything about that Jonah's flavour?
I can try. What stood out most, in my memory, was that burn...

The Jonah tasted like a typical red Seven, maybe a bit smoother (less bitter, maybe? A hint of sweetness?) before the heat hit and built pretty fast and steady. The heat lingered a good long time. The overall experience was pretty good and i got a lot of the best condense flavors repeating on me as I belched periodically for an hour or so after.

I think the closest I can compare it to is a Red Brainstrain or Seven SR, but the flavor was more like the SR. I think Red Brains are probably more flavorful, but less balanced?

Bicycle808 said:
I can try. What stood out most, in my memory, was that burn...

Can I re-quote this please?

"What stood out most and is burned in my memory.".
UI6aFRX.jpg

Thank-you for this opportunity!

`

This year im growing a typical superhot plate.
Reaper
Brain strain
Primo
Bubblegum
Douglah
Several varieties of scorpions
A couple jays hybrids
Bhuts.
Trying a new one to me.
Figaro. Never heard of it and now that its flowering I just found out its a bell lol.
Well, those sausages and onions need some love too so guess Ill see where it goes.

scrufy said:
This year im growing a typical superhot plate.
Reaper
Brain strain
Primo
Bubblegum
Douglah
Several varieties of scorpions
A couple jays hybrids
Bhuts.
Trying a new one to me.
Figaro. Never heard of it and now that its flowering I just found out its a bell lol.
Well, those sausages and onions need some love too so guess Ill see where it goes.
I bought a Figaro plant from ccn on impulse last year, while picking up my order of the plants I actually had planned to grow. Yeah, it's just a Bell, but a tasty one. Ripened red. All my pods were on the small side for a Bell; not sure if that was just my plant, or if that's a Figaro thing. Either way, it was worth growing and its nice to have pods to give your Auntie who likes peppers but hates heat... But naw!! I ain't growing them again lol.

Back