• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Whats Up For You This Growing Week?

Celeste said:
Thinking that the scorpion powder will mostly be pest control for future pepper plants...unless I get "stung" and like it! (beekkeeper reference)

Believe me...a little goes a long way...but it is wonderful!!

A few shakes on that fantastic sandwich you just posted....and it would have sent it two notches up the heat scale! :hell:

I got 52 Tabasco seedlings transplanted this morning and am staring at another 15 starter trays that will need to be transpanted over the next 10 days...

Leaving out my Jan 1st planted peppers out at night finally! (That truck in/out of the garage set up is genius SS!)

And repotted my C. Pubescens into thier final containers for the season. Some are budding already, and I have high hopes for them this year. My favorite ones are in coco/leca and some straight up coco. Hoping those $ nutes pay off again this year like they did last...

Finished potting up my last seed tray for the year today! Finally done with that all my plants are in solo cups and growing nicely. Have done nothing outside yet but now that the 1st transplanting is done. I have a little over 250 plants I need to prepare a home for in 3 or 4 weeks, only have room for 200 giving away the rest. Moved a bunch of plants back under the halide this morning, back on schedule and growing well. Everything lookin' good on Pepper Ridge Farm!:):):lol:

Started to pot up the faster growing varieties. Will start to prepare the garden beds this weekend, getting rid of the winter weeds, tidying up the rows, etc. Hoping not to have to till so as not to disturb the worms. Got a guy coming out tomorrow about putting a fence in the backyard. Only 4 more weeks to plant out!

jacob

I just picked up some 5.5"x5.5" containers to pot up in this week. These should do as the last homes for my plants before plant out. I think I'm gonna have to pick up a few more floros for these guys too. I figure I'll have a pretty good set up for years to come after this year. Atleast thats my excuse when I find myself having to buy more equiptment!

Hmmm...lots of stuff. My plants are way behind many of yours. I have 90% of them in 2.5" square x 3.75" deep containers. I just got to the point where potting up is too much work for the payoff. With my rarer ones, I do it though. My electric bill jumped $40 in a month. It was a multitude of factors (more energy, delivery cost increased 18%, actual cost up 6%, more days to the cycle, etc.).

Tons of stuff under lights...peppers, asian greens, lettuce, flowers, broccoli, swiss chard, and more. I'll be starting tomatoes this weekend. Basil on 4/15. Cukes, Squash, and other stuff on 5/1.

I picked up a few Flowerhouse Starterhouse greenhouses (basically 8' long x 4' wide x 3' high cold frames made of plastic) for a steal price last weekend. I got 3 of them on Craigslist. They're not real greenhouses, but perfect as they are easily put up, easily taken down and really help with the hardening off process. They save me money on lighting really.

Lots of watering, foliar spraying, and just observing. I still have seedlings in the germination tray. Fun stuff. I plan on dropping a few more pepper seeds in dirt if things go as planned. I can't resist a couple. :)

Chris

Took a few pics to update my grow thread. Found the roots to a 7 Primo growing out of the bottom of the cup so ended up putting it in a gallon container. Couldn't believe the amount of roots that was wrapped around the dirt. Held everything together for me. Going to be checking the rest of the larger plants to see if they need to be repotted the next couple of days.

I'm using a mix of 6500K and 3000K bulbs in two lights. I may look into a 4 bulb T8 system, most if not all are hard-wired though. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to wire a cord to it though.

Nice thread AJ - kinda like a jotting pad of things to do, eh?

I am at home today, and will move the last of my smaller plants (12") into big grow bags so they are not zapped by the hot sun and dry weather we're having.

Second on the list is to harvest fruit/pods and upload some pics and then I'll get stuck into my grow room, repairing wiring etc for our next seedling planting which will probably be early June.

That will take me to dinner time, and the chance to sample the harvest...with a glass or two of local wine. Damn, I hate this hobby!!

Not a whole lot on my plate this week. The vast majority of my peppers are in bigger cups, getting tons of sunlight and nothing more (I think I was guilty of overgardening), I have a few seeds I just acquired in coco, so not much to do with them aside from watching and waiting.
Kinda in a holding pattern for now.

patrick said:
Took a few pics to update my grow thread. Found the roots to a 7 Primo growing out of the bottom of the cup so ended up putting it in a gallon container. Couldn't believe the amount of roots that was wrapped around the dirt. Held everything together for me. Going to be checking the rest of the larger plants to see if they need to be repotted the next couple of days.

Found four more that need to be potted up into larger containers. I just finished ordering 100 one gallon plastic buckets. Hope that's enough.

Back