• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health What's wrong here?

Well, some of my plants have this weird problem going on. It's almost as if parts of the leaves have been dehydrated. I don't think it's from the lights nor are there any bugs in sight (or in the soil, I flushed it just to be sure and no larve came out and the water was clear so no waste is present).

I'm baffled, any ideas?
problem1.jpg

Looks like they touched the light. Is the edge that looks all thin and ragged slightly crunchy?

mm had a similar problem last year,changed my nutes and reduced the amount by half and cured it whats the soil/compost etc contain out of curiosity ? :)

Txclosetgrower said:
Looks like they touched the light. Is the edge that looks all thin and ragged slightly crunchy?
I thought about that and I'm almost sure they didn't and the lights aren't hot enough really. Also, one was touching the electrical coard and it got dried out where it was touching....could it be these plants are super sensative to electromagnetic friquencies? :shocked:

talas said:
mm had a similar problem last year,changed my nutes and reduced the amount by half and cured it whats the soil/compost etc contain out of curiosity ? :)

I'm using Fox Farm Happy Tree Frog soil, while super high in nutrients it's not hot and should be fine for seedlings unlike the Fox Farm Ocean Floor.

imaguitargod said:
I thought about that and I'm almost sure they didn't and the lights aren't hot enough really. Also, one was touching the electrical coard and it got dried out where it was touching....could it be these plants are super sensative to electromagnetic friquencies? :shocked:

I'm using Fox Farm Happy Tree Frog soil, while super high in nutrients it's not hot and should be fine for seedlings unlike the Fox Farm Ocean Floor.

Indeed Fox Farm has a good reputation in the herb community,Wish we
could graph a few bags over here so definelty not that then and your lights cfls? dont look close enough for scalding/Drying out?

talas said:
Indeed Fox Farm has a good reputation in the herb community,Wish we
could graph a few bags over here so definelty not that then and your lights cfls? dont look close enough for scalding/Drying out?

The lights are the the tube shop lights whos name escapes me right now....

Electrical cords are usually warmer than ambient. If you draw current and there is resistance (there is), you get heat.

Iggy,

I think maybe your plants found you stash or a mutant, miniature cow (perhaps an alien cow?) got into your grow area and munched a bit.

It can't be the fluros - I've had leaves almost wrap around a bulb without any damage - plus from the photo it doesn't look like the tallest leaves are showing any signs of damage.

Perhaps it's just one of those things that happens and cannot actually be explained???

Mike

Back