• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Whats wrong with my over wintered Aji Limon

20160621_073051_zpsbjtaevq0.jpg

Hey Everyone

My OW aji limon is showing some new weird growth in the past week or two. Some of the new leaves are kind of clawed/gnarly looking compared to some of the older growth below. What is it and how do I cure it?

Thanks

70+ of my plants have had that, after reading and searching and asking around found there are a few different things that cause the same symptom. Could be pests(esp. broadmites), virus, herbicide exposure or nutrient imbalance. I think I've narrowed mine down to nutrient imbalance. I've treated hard and heavy, top and bottoms of leaves with micronized wettable sulfur 3 times, just in case it's mites, but even with a 60x microscope couldn't determine if it was them or not. I trimmed all the affected leaves, and have been flushing my containers every few days and have on a drip system running 30 min/day. The new growth is starting to look normal. In my case I used some ferts that weren't idea, maybe released too much N too fast, from what I can deduce. Once I think it's flushed out, I'll add back in the ferts I used last year that worked (Osmocote). Hope that helps.

Ok I will maybe try flushing the soil once it drys out a bit as I just watered it. I have been using General Hydroponics Flora series at 1 Tsp each once every few weeks as the fertiiizer.

Too much N. I had the same problem, new growth looked identical as yours.
In my case I planted in 60%+ compost, 40% native soil, then fertilized with tomato tone, fish emulsion, ect... a few weeks apart.

Less fertilizer is more; I'm a slow learner!

Back