• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health What's wrong with my plants.

I have a few plants that look like this. It's Definately affecting new growth. Turns brownish as seen in the photo. Buds end up not flowering. Goes from one branch/node to another. No spider webs. Some i just end up chopping the plants bald

FD763619-CFE8-4049-A877-92370250E7E2-1327-00000063C6C061ED.jpg

461D21B4-9021-4C73-A278-56A34392A703-1327-00000063CBDF7EE8.jpg

Lol nice edit. I overwater every 4-5 days. Most are in containers. Gets direct some shaded sun 9-5

Or when it's light and plants look wilted

mine are gettign it too. i dont knowe what it is, but i am letting the plants run their course and gonna start all new next year

Iv'e got the same problem here,at first i thought it was the soil i was using,FoxFarms O.F..but then i transplanted the others using Amazon Bloom and its happening to them also..i looked under the leaves but found nothing of a bug like to be causing it.so i just trimmed of the dead leaves and the tips.and let them go and see whats gonna happen..if the Senior guys or the guys that ran into this problem can give us some help.that will be appreciated..whats weird is that this is the first time its happen to me,and only to the Super hots.....Annums,frutescens,baccatums..no problems.

Thanks
Bryan

what about fert's ?

i had the same thing to my hub's and bhut's, i cut the bad leaves, didnt fert' for 1 month, and now all good

what about fert's ?

i had the same thing to my hub's and bhut's, i cut the bad leaves, didnt fert' for 1 month, and now all good

Yeah, might want to try flushing everything out until the runoff is clear and let the excess soluble salt levels work their way out of the plants for a while. If it was just one plant, I would have suggested making sure to disinfect whatever tools you use for pruning/harvesting, but it's probably deeper than that.

Do they always start from the top and work downward when this happens?

yes for my plant was like that
new leaves on top stop to develop and got really hard structure
than all leaves got the same look from the top downwards

bhut's got it much worse than hab's

what is your fert/s type, amount and times ?

i am also new in grow chillis, but i can say that i had the same symptoms and got out of it

let em dry out and wilt in between waterings... What is your fert schedule? it does kind of look like fert burn, albeit I've never seen it affect the stalk before.

Although your soil looks over weight and compacted thats probably not the problem. Water retension will cause yellowing from the lower or older leaves first. Your plants look burnt, the veins are discolored........and cal/mag is not the "elixir at the end of the rainbow" as some think and tend to OD their plants with.
What did you put in the soil or spray on the plants.
They are beyond repair, no reason to cut back. Replace or reseed and loosen up the soil with perlite or other comparable material. Add aged compost or humus. I know you have back up plants in your aerogarden......

mine are gettign it too. i dont knowe what it is, but i am letting the plants run their course and gonna start all new next year

what is it.. =D

Yeah, might want to try flushing everything out until the runoff is clear and let the excess soluble salt levels work their way out of the plants for a while. If it was just one plant, I would have suggested making sure to disinfect whatever tools you use for pruning/harvesting, but it's probably deeper than that.

top down when it happens....i only use tea compost and nothing else.. if it were a bad batch it would be on all my plants i would think as i water them all with it.. besides.. its been over a month since i TEAd them....

let em dry out and wilt in between waterings... What is your fert schedule? it does kind of look like fert burn, albeit I've never seen it affect the stalk before.
believe me they get dry here in socal.. sometimes they light as a feather =D......

Although your soil looks over weight and compacted thats probably not the problem. Water retension will cause yellowing from the lower or older leaves first. Your plants look burnt, the veins are discolored........and cal/mag is not the "elixir at the end of the rainbow" as some think and tend to OD their plants with.
What did you put in the soil or spray on the plants.
They are beyond repair, no reason to cut back. Replace or reseed and loosen up the soil with perlite or other comparable material. Add aged compost or humus. I know you have back up plants in your aerogarden......
the soil looks like that due to natural soil that by dog has been digging up and ends up on some of the pots.. plants looked like this even before.. i dont spray nor have i used any TEA compost in about a month just to make sure it wasnt that... i will do all possible suggestions.. and yes greg.... backups.. that i do.. never ending sow in the aero... in fact just sowed my 72cell dome yesterday =D

hope they do well... as for the SBs that went from aero to soil are all doing OK outside.. already hardened but trying to rid of this damn aphids...

My bet is your roots are too saturated. Just my two bits:)
i use blue ribbon soil.. 50/50 with perilite and peat moss...

Looks to me like a fungal or bacterial virus.

thats what im leading to...

btw.. my WATER house has an RV filter to minimize CITY WATER effects =d

Looks to me like a fungal or bacterial virus.

Agree with you in theory - it does look like an infection of some sort to me too...just thought I'd point out bacteria, fungi, and viruses are 3 different types of life forms / infections.

Back