• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

When to start Bloom fert

I have a lot of little blooms starting to appear do I wait till they are in full bloom to change to a bloom fertilizer? or when bearing pods ? does this change how long they will bloom for? I hate to prematurly shoot the wad as it were :shocked: :oops:

LD...I would start with a light dose right now...the nutes I use have a recommended regimen that goes from seedling to vegetative to transition (between vegetative to flowering) to flowering/fruiting to aggressive flowering fruiting...

So a a very diluted version at first then progressivly working up the ladder to full strength towards late summer then backdown the ladder thru the fall and late fall?
also do you stop at all before harvest and use plain water?

I will post my regimen when I get home in a little while by the week...what is recommended by botaincare...k?

AJ - I would love to see your regimen. For some reason, my plants are turning little yellowish. It does not have the same vigor as before.
Any recommendation would be highly appreciated.

thanks,

AlabamaJack said:
I will post my regimen when I get home in a little while by the week...what is recommended by botaincare...k?

Thanks AJ that was going to be next Q as well as to what you are using. ;)

imaguitargod said:
I'm using FoxFarm Ocean Floor soil....I have a feeling I won't have to fert any time in the near furture, lol.

I havent seen that one yet I was looking at FoxFarm products though I figured if my "buddies" use it then it most be a good product --
Are you using fish emulsion as well? It must smell like low tide in your yard?

I use Vegetative as long as possible. You want the plant to get as much size as possible (within reason) before it really goes into full scale reproduction.

LUCKYDOG said:
I havent seen that one yet I was looking at FoxFarm products though I figured if my "buddies" use it then it most be a good product --
Are you using fish emulsion as well? It must smell like low tide in your yard?

The plants are absolutely loving the stuff, especially the "monster Asain Birsdeye" from Bent. The thing has sooooo many flowers on it.....I'm going to have to get a count.

Yes, I am using fish emulsion on the garden plants....low tide, hehhe, I got a good laugh out of that one. :lol:

cheezydemon said:
I use Vegetative as long as possible. You want the plant to get as much size as possible (within reason) before it really goes into full scale reproduction.

I have been debating this with myself as well... I have some that I have pinched the buds from earlier that are producig again and pretty tall and I have some in 16oz cups that are flowering as well that I havent pinched its a should I shouldnt I debate -- especially a Alma Paprika and a Biker Billy -- Im torn really ... If I pinch then they can get taller and produce more is whats swaying me to pinch....

AJs Nutrient Regimen

I use Botanicare Pure Blend Progro Vegetative Formula, Botanicare Pure Blend Probloom Fruit and Flower Formula, and Liquid Karma....Liquid Karma is a biological plant growth catalyst from fermented yeast extract and kelp seaweed extract...

the picture is the table of feeding regimen Botanicare recommends....I am going to get the CalMag Plus today and feed my plants tomorrow...I am on week 5...started counting weeks at plantout...(click on the picture and maybe you can read it)

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Botanicare products in any way/form/fashion. I just like their products.

what i do
1/4 strength when you start to get pods with 1/4 strength 'grow'
1/2 strength when first flower opens
full strength when pods apear
then sometimes a boost after most of the flowers on the plant are pods

i did this with botanicare now i'm trying GH Flora Nova

what i meant was that's what i do with the bloom with 1/4 strength grow

TPP...you don't use the fruit/bloom formula? Just the grow formula?

tomorrow or saturday is my first day on aggressive fruiting/flowering ritual...will use 45 ml per gallon for tomorrows feed....then next weeks feed will be the same...

in the plants feeding friday or saturday they will get...

45 ml/gal pro bloom
10 ml/gal liquid karma
16 drops/gal Superthrive

each plant will get about about 500 ml feed...

feeding is done with rainwater...

got window screen over my collection barrels (got a rainwater collection system)...no bugs in or out...plus strains the stuff off the roof...

AlabamaJack said:
got window screen over my collection barrels (got a rainwater collection system)...no bugs in or out...plus strains the stuff off the roof...
Oh good deal! when i get a house i shall do the same. damn apartment life!

I hear ya fine...

I generally avoid any "bloom" formulas until around Autumn otherwise I use an all purpose fertilizer where plants can fruit and also set new growth.

Interesting Potawie.... You use the fertilizing regimen through out? or do you cut back/increase at any point? My plants are doing great I want to keep it that way and have as many Tomatoes and Peppers that the plants could muster thats why I was going to gradullay switch to a higher phosphorous blend

Most of the season I use a balanced fertilizer like 20-20-20 and never very strong. In the beginning of the season I like to use a bit of fish emulsions with higher nitrogen to get thing going, and at the end of the season when I don't need any more new growth I use more of a bloom formula with higher Phosphorous. This year I'm using more manure so I don't expect to have to fertilize often.

Back