• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Where can I get big black mamma seeds?

I didn't even know they were for sale. I got mine from Troy himself a while back. I would contact him and see if he has any left I know he was offering a promo if you buy his sauce he'll send you seeds as well. Not sure if that is still going on though

Devil Created Pods said:
So are the people growing it aloud to share pods or no?

Troy originally asked that anyone who had seeds or pods send them back to him.  The pepper was released without his permission and there were alot of people selling the peppers and seeds from his early generations.  He sent a few seed packs out with sauce orders this year but to my knowledge he's stopped that.  If you have seeds or pods it's your discretion on what to do with them...but some people may get upset with you about selling them.  

At this point I would only trust seeds from Troy.

I placed an order through Troy (primospeppers.com) for primo seeds and his sauce. He doesn't have a promo listed anywhere, but I got some nice free gifts including Big Black Mama seeds. He never mentioned anything about not sharing them. But I'm not sure about any European suppliers.

Since the release of the Butch T and Carolina Reaper it seems that the reputations of growers is a hotly debated topic due to counterfeit product, cheap hybrids and the like have been passed off as the original product. Now I don't know Troy's mind but perhaps it could be that rather than cop the criticism of unstable stock, Pepper Engineers are holding onto new pheno's a little longer possibly to...

Stabalise the pheno further

and / or

Build up some stock reserves of pods, seeds, powders etc.

and / or

organise official suppliers and contracts to sell the product

so they can control the quality of the product a little more and help them capitalise on the initial sell through rather than have 250 other suppliers selling there own sees grown from the original product in 6 months time.  I know I would be angry if I watched my creation run away from me with everyone else selling it and breaking its quality.

Hey guys so just wanted to share. After seeing this post I went ahead and ordered some BBM seeds from Mojo. Got them today and looken forward to get them going.

Mojo was also cool enough to send me some an extra seed cross. It's label B.O.C X Jays Peach F2. I wasn't to sure about what BOC means I emailed him and still waiting for a response. I'm thinking it stands for Bhut Orange Copenhagen.

Yellowfin2na said:
Hey guys so just wanted to share. After seeing this post I went ahead and ordered some BBM seeds from Mojo. Got them today and looken forward to get them going.

Mojo was also cool enough to send me some an extra seed cross. It's label B.O.C X Jays Peach F2. I wasn't to sure about what BOC means I emailed him and still waiting for a response. I'm thinking it stands for Bhut Orange Copenhagen.
That F2 sounds great me wanty!!! Lol

Back